• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Anyone familiar with this 25acp? Seems rare. Value?

walthertp.png

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    A bit of it's history below. Seems fairly uncommon. No clue as to value.

In the end, with a production that only ran a decade at best, Walther TPs were made in small numbers with Stefan Klein at the Unblinking Eye estimating that only about 11,250 .25 ACP variants left the factory.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Pretty pricey. I only ever saw one in the wild, at Alexandria's Potomac Arms back in the 1970s. Cute, but for 25acp I'd prefer a nice old Colt 1908 or Baby Browning. For value, I'd guess you'd be lucky to find one under 1500. I understand they were also made in 22 cal, but those are unobtanium.

The TPHs are pretty cool, though. 22LR or 25acp, though the 25s are also scarce.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Pretty pricey. I only ever saw one in the wild, at Alexandria's Potomac Arms back in the 1970s. Cute, but for 25acp I'd prefer a nice old Colt 1908 or Baby Browning. For value, I'd guess you'd be lucky to find one under 1500. I understand they were also made in 22 cal, but those are unobtanium.

The TPHs are pretty cool, though. 22LR or 25acp, though the 25s are also scarce.

Purchased new first week of April 1968.. in Alexandria VA. Looks barely used.
    I wrote Walther for manual, no reply. Was lucky and did find video breaking it down, different.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Purchased new first week of April 1968.. in Alexandria VA. Looks barely used.
    I wrote Walther for manual, no reply. Was lucky and did find video breaking it down, different.
    Well I know you weren't the original purchaser. Is this a family heirloom?

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Wow I didn't realise it was you!

Good to see you back online!

Jul 1, 2012

I think you hit that nail on the head :) and with box and paperwork, add a lot more.

To put it in perspective, Walther only made ~7500 P4's; the TP isn't terribly rare, but you don't see them all that often. Probably didn't import many to the US back in the day, and I bet it doesn't meet the "points" required to import it now.

a .22 just for grins (as is the writeup)

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Well I know you weren't the original purchaser. Is this a family heirloom?

Found in my FIL desk drawer in a pistol rug, MIL told me bought the week MLK got shot . It's not like him to throw away box and papers, maybe somewhere. He actually did lose a gun in a boating accident. It was a P38 in the Elbe river, year 1945.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Found in my FIL desk drawer in a pistol rug, MIL told me bought the week MLK got shot . It's not like him to throw away box and papers, maybe somewhere. He actually did lose a gun in a boating accident. It was a P38 in the Elbe river, year 1945.
    Nice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom