• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    I asked my son if he was familiar with this firearms enthusiast. Answer was.. "nah"

Dear Parents, Students, and Staff,

I write to inform you about a serious incident that occurred today, Monday, Oct. 23 and how it was addressed.

An individual reported to the administration that they believed they witnessed another student attempting to conceal a weapon in his clothing. Montgomery County Police were immediately called and responded to our school very quickly. The student was brought to the office and asked to conduct a self-search; when that request was refused, police conducted a physical search, during which a gun was found. Police arrested the student and removed him from the building. The student will also receive discipline in alignment with the MCPS Student Code of Conduct, which is very specific for violations of a serious matter such as this.

The police had no information concerning a direct threat to the campus or any individual and there is no information that the student intended any harm to anyone in the building today.

What occurred today is an extremely serious matter and I am requesting that you take a moment with your child to reinforce the seriousness of bringing anything to school that could be considered a weapon. Weapons of any kind may not be brought to school, and students are subjected to serious disciplinary actions in alignment with the MCPS Student Code of Conduct and potentially in violation of the law as is the case today for this incident.

Together, we can work for safety in our community and school; in this case, an individual shared important information that allowed us to act promptly. This is “See something, Say something,” and I am very glad this person took the initiative to report what was seen to the administration.

I want to thank our school staff for their commitment to our established safety procedures and for working swiftly and efficiently to ensure this matter was handled professionally. I also appreciate your cooperation and discussing this issue with your child to work together to maintain a safe and nurturing learning environment at Walter Johnson High School.

Additionally, after dismissal, we evacuated the building briefly to investigate an odor. The fire department came and gave us the all-clear to reenter the building. The two incidents were unrelated.

If you have any questions, please contact the school at 240-740-6900.

Sincerely,

Jennifer Baker
    Principal
    Walter Johnson High School

Last edited:

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Akram Nassir of Bethesda?

Perhaps he was concerned about being taken hostage, or worse?

As time goes on, this will become an even more legitimate concern. Every group will have reason to fear hostility from its opposite number. In the absence of restraint, accidents will happen, and they will be used to support the splintering of society.

Too early to determine Mr Nassir's motivation, be it fear, hostility, or something else. But a glance at the news cycle, coupled with Occam's* Razor, might push one to jump tp a conclusion.

*No, not ours, the original one. Our guy doesn't bring a razor to a gunfight.

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    I don’t know how that’s possible because schools are “sensitive places” and you can’t carry a gun there. I don’t buy this story one bit.

LuckyShot

Pissing off Liberals
    Apr 13, 2010
    on 270
    Everyone wants to be a gangsta nowadays. Even when you grew up in a nice area. Michael Irvin recently called out his son for being a wannabe since hes lived his entire life in a gated community.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom