• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NIK

Jul 31, 2012
    MD
    People... It's called EMPATHY. Google it. I don't personally know the family and the only tie I have to Bobby Rucci is I think he makes good but pricey sandwiches.

It's just rough on the family. Immediately linking it to someone with media exposure like Rucci adds an unnecessary dimension. It changes from "Man tricks another man into sex" to "Bobby Rucci's son tricks another man into sex"

I don't have any rage towards it, just confusion why this is such a difficult concept for people to wrap their brains around. Frankly, unless your name and face are plastered all over the county, you don't know sh*t.

NIK

Jul 31, 2012
    MD
    The "victim" volentarily consented to being tie up , blindfolded and receive oral sex. And that's what he received.

How it eventually worked out didn't meet his expectations. But if police were called every time sexual encounters don't reach full expected results of every party , then police would never have any time for ( anything else ).

Not that young Rucci wasn't stupid over the whole thing. Someone who knows they are in the local spotlight should use better selection , and pursue his non-vanilla activities at least 50 mi from home base.

Exactly

spclopr8tr

Whatchalookinat?
    Apr 20, 2013
    TN
    People... It's called EMPATHY. Google it. I don't personally know the family and the only tie I have to Bobby Rucci is I think he makes good but pricey sandwiches.

It's just rough on the family. Immediately linking it to someone with media exposure like Rucci adds an unnecessary dimension. It changes from "Man tricks another man into sex" to "Bobby Rucci's son tricks another man into sex"

I don't have any rage towards it, just confusion why this is such a difficult concept for people to wrap their brains around. Frankly, unless your name and face are plastered all over the county, you don't know sh*t.

You appear to be a minority of 1 on this thread.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Frankly, unless your name and face are plastered all over the county, you don't know sh*t.

I know how that feels. It sucks. Been there, done that - friends kept copies of the local papers, now former friends.

But when you fvck up, that's part of the prize you win - infamy. If your lucky, you become last weeks news in little time. People with known names, don't get that luxury (if you can call it that).

Sucks for the Rucci's, but unfortunately that's part of the baggage of being in the local limelight.

NIK

Jul 31, 2012
    MD
    I know how that feels. It sucks. Been there, done that - friends kept copies of the local papers, now former friends.

But when you fvck up, that's part of the prize you win - infamy. If your lucky, you become last weeks news in little time. People with known names, don't get that luxury (if you can call it that).

Sucks for the Rucci's, but unfortunately that's part of the baggage of being in the local limelight.

Thank you BradMacc82, that is exactly what I was talking about. Having that level of fame just makes it suck a lot more, so I got empathy.

Anyone that's got a problem with that, I'd just rather offer sympathies than be a d!ck about it. The kid's going to catch enough flak for doing something stupid, but it's going to be a lot worse since the article went out of the way to tie him to Bobby. Just my .02.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I'll agree, the writer could've shown some discretion. For whatever reason though, they decided to let that genie out of the bottle - and there ain't no way it's going back in the bottle now. The damage is done.

Personally, I feel bad for the family, they're all going to have a bite of a shyt sandwich because of an individuals actions.

That's the media for you though...

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    What really sucks is when the Ofc switches names in one section of the public report, the local paper prints it naming me as the uninsured drunk driver with suspended license instead of the innocent victim .Paper won't print a correction unless the Ofc amends his report. Ofc can't be bothered unless the offending drunk driver is dumb enough to return to Md , and get cought for somthing else, and the case would actually go to court.

But a cpl months later he stole property from abandoned car , was busted by IAD , and was charged in addition to fired. Karma's a bitch.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Really sucks if they print a booking photo with the story.

Those photo's never turn out well.

Long1MD

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2013
    Too far gone
    The REAL funny part of the whole story is that Bobby Rucci should have never won the primary. He's done nothing for the past four years except for try and get a drinking buddy off for killing someone in a drinking and driving accident. His position is bought and paid for. It won't happen, but I would fall down laughing if a Republican won now in November because of this.

tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona
    It has been my experience that the children of police chiefs, sheriffs and county commissioners at times believe that the rules dont apply to them. The fact that he is related to the CC is relevant to the story.

True... I didn't think about that angle.

Publius

Mar 18, 2013
    Ellicott City
    I never said the kid was a saint, I just said he's a kid. Kids do dumb (and sometimes illegal) stuff. They BOTH thought with their dicks and not their heads, and look where it got em. Rucci was stupid for being tricky and the victim was stupid enough to get tied up, blindfolded and given a mustache ride.

I'm just saying that he and that family have enough to deal with in their own private lives right now and they don't enjoy the anonymity like we do. If you see my name in the news you won't think twice. If you have a name like "Rucci", you get your own thread on MDS. If that was my family, legalities aside, I'd sort out the family drama first and decide later how I want to tell my friends about why Junior is doing community service.

You are essentially defending censorship, and even worse, censorship when the news relates to a public figure but no censorship when it relates to the average tax payer. That is pretty messed up. Laying out the facts and letting the chips fall where they may can be ugly, but censorship is much uglier. I rather have the former.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Both guys in this story are idiots. The whole premise is flimsy. Who would fall for that line of crap? "A girl's coming - no, it won't be gay, I promise".

I'm betting that the "victim" here really is gay, but has issues about it. Maybe he felt guilty. (Newsflash: nobody cares anymore if you're gay. Get over it.) Letting yourself be tied up and blindfolded sounds a lot like consent to me. He knew who'd be providing his treat. No, I'm not a lawyer, but I bet I know how it's gonna play out in court. "We were playing a game of pirate and captive..."

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    Unless the "victim" was autistic or something no sympathy here either. If he was really ashamed of this why go to the police? That's something I'd want to keep to myself. He should have went Boniduce on Rucci.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Unless the "victim" was autistic or something no sympathy here either. If he was really ashamed of this why go to the police? That's something I'd want to keep to myself. He should have went Boniduce on Rucci.

There you go. If the victim was truly upset, the headline would've been "Local kid found beaten senseless in cheap motel". Much more plausible. Just a lover's quarrel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom