• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dec 7, 2018
    I got denied for HQL after I submitted it and thought MSP was going to prosecute me so I called the LD and I told the trooper I was in the expungement process and if they were coming after me for the denial and he laughed about it and told me no, I wasn’t getting procecuted just send a copy of the compliance letter from the court so I did and MSP reversed my denial the very next day. Hope this helps

Dec 7, 2018
    Also this was before I was cleared through CJIS so I’m saying you don’t have to wait on CJIS. As soon as you receive 1 of many compliance letters from the courts you can apply.

Dec 7, 2018
    It will take 30 days because from my understanding it has to get in front of judge, he then sends it out to all agencies involve, the SA, bail bondsman, CJIS, the jail, etc. basically anyone who has a part of that record, he orders it to be destroyed. In those 30 days, anyone or agencies who wants to contest your expungement has the right to do so in those 30 days. The agencies then start to mailing you the letters of compliance that states they have followed the judges orders and destroy whatever part of the record they had. You’ll be receiving compliance letters for the next 6 months. That’s why the tell you it usually takes about 120 days to complete.

King of COD

Jul 24, 2022
    Baltimore
    It will take 30 days because from my understanding it has to get in front of judge, he then sends it out to all agencies involve, the SA, bail bondsman, CJIS, the jail, etc. basically anyone who has a part of that record, he orders it to be destroyed. In those 30 days, anyone or agencies who wants to contest your expungement has the right to do so in those 30 days. The agencies then start to mailing you the letters of compliance that states they have followed the judges orders and destroy whatever part of the record they had. You’ll be receiving compliance letters for the next 6 months. That’s why the tell you it usually takes about 120 days to complete.
    Yea but u say the 1st letter I get from whoever “judge,cjis,etc” i could use as a compliance to get app approval..am I right?? Nobody should contest it cause it’s no longer a crime an the cop was dirty at that

Dec 7, 2018
    like i said before, it will be about 30 days and 1st letter of compliance is usually from the courts or SA because i guess they clear you in house first. You won't see your case on MD case search anymore then. You will likely see this happen first

King of COD

Jul 24, 2022
    Baltimore
    like i said before, it will be about 30 days and 1st letter of compliance is usually from the courts or SA because i guess they clear you in house first. You won't see your case on MD case search anymore then. You will likely see this happen first
    Ok so…I can check case search to see if it actually went thru? I can’t wait until I get the first notice I swear I think MDSP just wanna make me jump thru hoops to c how bad I want it smh

Last edited:

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    Yea but u say the 1st letter I get from whoever “judge,cjis,etc” i could use as a compliance to get app approval..am I right?? Nobody should contest it cause it’s no longer a crime an the cop was dirty at that
    All you need is te Court Order that the Expungement was GRANTED,

When you fill out the application, be sure to answer "Yes" to questions about your arrest, charges, conviction, etc. State the facts:

"I, Poodie, was arrested in June 1987 and charged with muddy boots, and convicted in BaltiGeorge District Court in Oct 1987. In Aug 2022, the court granted my expungement petition (see attached)"

Upload a copy of the Court order. This way, you can't be disapproved for lying on the application if the record isn't completely erased.

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    send compliance to trooper when I recieve it
    Okay you have posted a lot about this, lots of questions etc.

You need to sit back and relax, wait for the paperwork. Once you get the granted paperwork from the court, then come back and find out what you need to do. Until you get it stop worrying about it, let it work thru.

King of COD

Jul 24, 2022
    Baltimore
    they objected for expungement will I receive a hearing date??

Attachments

• C91C3AF1-8027-4AD6-A054-8F767486B421.jpeg
      C91C3AF1-8027-4AD6-A054-8F767486B421.jpeg
      267.5 KB · Views: 106
    • 41A1CC34-8B36-4DFE-A00E-90F083C599F3.jpeg
      41A1CC34-8B36-4DFE-A00E-90F083C599F3.jpeg
      305.2 KB · Views: 107

Rlt

Feb 17, 2023
    Maryland
    I got denied for HQL after I submitted it and thought MSP was going to prosecute me so I called the LD and I told the trooper I was in the expungement process and if they were coming after me for the denial and he laughed about it and told me no, I wasn’t getting procecuted just send a copy of the compliance letter from the court so I did and MSP reversed my denial the very next day. Hope this helps
    Did you get your hql. I had same situation but msp said nics doesn't recognize Maryland expungement

Hard23

Nov 1, 2022
    Sykesville, MD
    I was told by the state trooper that a expungement in MD still wouldn’t work for things like HQL. Mainly case search and stuff like that. Government and others can still see it and will still be denied. But that’s not what I’m reading here. Just making sure the people in here who had the battery case. That was a guilty verdict too??? mine was a guilty verdict. I feel better reading threads in here i think.

Rlt

Feb 17, 2023
    Maryland
    I was told by the state trooper that a expungement in MD still wouldn’t work for things like HQL. Mainly case search and stuff like that. Government and others can still see it and will still be denied. But that’s not what I’m reading here. Just making sure the people in here who had the battery case. That was a guilty verdict too??? mine was a guilty verdict. I feel better reading threads in here i think.
    I contacted someone at nics and was told to go on a certain site to get my record for cijs, did that and it came back as no arrest found. Told msp and they still say its because of nics

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    I contacted someone at nics and was told to go on a certain site to get my record for cijs, did that and it came back as no arrest found. Told msp and they still say its because of nics
    First you may need to do the appeals and I would recommend you contact cohen and harris in towson. They are the lawyers leading this fight and fighting for the guy with the assault. They know what to say and what to quote.

Next MSP might have told you it was nics, but what it is is them reading the wyoming crank case and saying we can still see it so we are interpreting wyoming crank to say it was not a total expungement. Then they are denying it because the feds say only total expungements qualify and they have to follow fed law, even thou the feds cant see it. Yes its very circular.

Hard23

Nov 1, 2022
    Sykesville, MD
    Criminal justice information system, and National instant check system
    Thank you very much. I am trying to learn here. It is just sooooo much to take in. I also feel like i am being shafted here. I want my gun rights. ******** a Battery case from 30 years ago and nothing since would cause this

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom