• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    My buddy is thinking of doing 3, 4 hour weeknight segments 6-10p and 4 hours on the weekend 8-noon for the qual.

I told him to make the weeknight segments dependent upon how many he has to qual at the range. If it only takes him an hour to qual 5 students, then it should be 3, 5 hour segments during the week, instead of jacking around for 4 hours on a Sunday.

Ideas?

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    Someone down this way is doing something like that. Only way I know about it is 1/2 dozen friends attended and told me about it.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Don't need the services (until renewal comes around again) but I can see how that would appeal. Main issue would be how geographically convenient things are. Meaning, if it's a haul, maybe better to sit longer and get it over with. Down the street, and life is busy? The bite-sized sessions would definitely be a good option.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Don't need the services (until renewal comes around again) but I can see how that would appeal. Main issue would be how geographically convenient things are. Meaning, if it's a haul, maybe better to sit longer and get it over with. Down the street, and life is busy? The bite-sized sessions would definitely be a good option.
    Well, I was meaning the actual course breakdown. I don't mean that he is offering the course. He's thinking of having that scheduling option and I was seeing how people would feel about it.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    My buddy is thinking of doing 3, 4 hour weeknight segments 6-10p and 4 hours on the weekend 8-noon for the qual.

I told him to make the weeknight segments dependent upon how many he has to qual at the range. If it only takes him an hour to qual 5 students, then it should be 3, 5 hour segments during the week, instead of jacking around for 4 hours on a Sunday.
    I think that is a pretty smart idea.

Shazam

Dec 20, 2012
    This is exactly what I was looking for back when I was looking for initial and renewal classes. I'm sure there is a market for evening classes. Making it known to those who want it is a bigger issue

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    I was thinking about doing a Thursday - Friday 5-9 and a Saturday 9-5 once my schedule allows, but I'm not sure taking up three days would be better than just keeping it in two.

TD

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I was thinking about doing a Thursday - Friday 5-9 and a Saturday 9-5 once my schedule allows, but I'm not sure taking up three days would be better than just keeping it in two.

TD
    He posted the 4 four days on his website, so we shall see.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    Make it the same evening for four weeks. For those with family and work it's much easier to schedule a weekly evening thing than carve out a weekend.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Wish someone would do this for DC permits.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Good stuff. I would have suggested just cash but it looks like this monster is growing.

The courses I've taken (for licenses) have been mainly very basic crap that I have done many times at home for simple motor skill retention. With that in mind, is it viable to have a prerequisite video/practice at home course with test before going to class? apologies if you have already thought of that and I believe that is the direction you are headed or not exactly a 101 course but maybe a 201?

On second thought, when I took DC some years ago it was quite interesting/amusing watching the ineptitude of people they were passing. ..... now empty the mag and reload with the rounds facing the correct way, true story!

I don't mean to critique,
    "Cyrus, this is your barbecue man and it tastes good." -movie trivia

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom