• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cms81586

Feb 8, 2018
    I’ve loved these little SMG’s for a long time. When kits started coming in over the past few years I decided to build one. One turned into three…planning to SBR them all shortly.

IMG_8958.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_9503.jpeg
      IMG_9503.jpeg
      450.7 KB · Views: 36
    • IMG_9740.jpeg
      IMG_9740.jpeg
      521.8 KB · Views: 40
    • IMG_9750.jpeg
      IMG_9750.jpeg
      370.2 KB · Views: 36
    • IMG_1337.jpeg
      IMG_1337.jpeg
      145.8 KB · Views: 37
    • IMG_1343.jpeg
      IMG_1343.jpeg
      323.1 KB · Views: 38

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Very nice! I bought one of those kits, will get to it someday.
    I think the 22LR upper is really cool. Kid would prob love it. But have a hard time spending 4x the cost of the gun on one ;)

cms81586

Feb 8, 2018
    Very nice! I bought one of those kits, will get to it someday.
    I think the 22LR upper is really cool. Kid would prob love it. But have a hard time spending 4x the cost of the gun on one ;)
    I have a jig if you want to at least weld up the receiver and finish the rest out when you have time. You could use my tig welder so you wouldn’t even need to bring any equipment over. Open offer.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    It's very possible. I bought it and had the work done at Machinegun Joe's.
    I know a couple were posties for other SOTs. A couple were definitely SBRs as they lacked the giggle parts inside.

The czechmate receivers were definitely a different steel than the stock pivots. Trying to do them without filler rod was interesting.

cms81586

Feb 8, 2018
    Cool guns. I never really had a desire for a semi and I know I'll never have a real one. 20rnd mag, I swear the mag is empty before the first case hits the ground.
    I’ll be doing my SOT shortly and will probably leave one as a postie. The rest are getting the Semi treatment. They’re stupid fun in semi auto too. With the .22 conversion they’re about the most fun you can have with a semi .22LR.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    I’ll be doing my SOT shortly and will probably leave one as a postie. The rest are getting the Semi treatment. They’re stupid fun in semi auto too. With the .22 conversion they’re about the most fun you can have with a semi .22LR.
    I don't think I've ever fired one in semi auto.

I know my friends postie can do it but I've only ever run it in auto.

Once you have an SOT, if you want to see.just how much fun 22 can be, do one of the am180 uppers on a dedicated (not normal parts, it becomes an open bolt sear) m16 lower. They are a blast.

In semi autos, I think my high standard or my friends Walther are about as good as it gets for kicks. They just shoot themselves.

cms81586

Feb 8, 2018
    I know a couple were posties for other SOTs. A couple were definitely SBRs as they lacked the giggle parts inside.

The czechmate receivers were definitely a different steel than the stock pivots. Trying to do them without filler rod was interesting.
    That’s why I’m a fan of the rewelds. Stock adapters on the CSA receivers suck and wobble a ton. Never thought to try and weld one on, but the the reweld you have the OEM dovetail.

cms81586

Feb 8, 2018
    Excuse the shit welds there. Had to hit that with the flux core welder to fill a hole. It all cleaned up fine. Carbide dremel bits are great.

IMG_9814.jpeg

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    That’s why I’m a fan of the rewelds. Stock adapters on the CSA receivers suck and wobble a ton. Never thought to try and weld one on, but the the reweld you have the OEM dovetail.
    Yeah. I GTAW welded them on because, as you so accurately note, the adapter is bullchit (unless welded).

I can't guarantee I welded Comblocs specific example but there's a pretty high probability.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    shatter

Latest threads

Top Bottom