• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheDevilHimself

, Duffy's Gun Room
    Industry Partner
    Jul 15, 2011
    Sparks, MD
    We have a few VZ58 receivers and several parts kits at the shop. We were going to build these into rifles, but I am contemplating selling them outright.
    Some kits have furniture, others do not.
    I know there are a lot of you who have purchased VZ2008s and may want to upgrade your rifle with an original chrome lined barrel, and number of you like to build your own firearms outright.

Let me know if you are interested...

TheDevilHimself

, Duffy's Gun Room
    Industry Partner
    Jul 15, 2011
    Sparks, MD
    They need receivers and what else?

There are many variables to consider, and it depends on what you intend to build- standard title 1 rifle? Handgun? SBR or AOW?
    For a standard rifle, you will need 922r compliance parts. The builder can choose to accomplish this in any number of ways. You will also need labor, tools, and patience. Machining/gunsmithing experience is definitely a plus- I wouldn't recommend this as a novice build. The Czech barrels are about 15" long, so a permanently attached muzzle brake is required to meet 16", unless you plan to build a pistol or NFA weapon. There are a number of tutorials available online.

TheDevilHimself

, Duffy's Gun Room
    Industry Partner
    Jul 15, 2011
    Sparks, MD
    I'm off today, but tomorrow I will inventory what we have and try to post pics. Off the top of my head, I know we have a few CNC Warrior receivers and possibly an ORF. As far as complete kits are concerned, there's one with wood furniture/fixed stock and one with bakelite/folding stock. Two other kits are complete, less furniture, although I may have some extra bakelite furniture around the shop- most likely folding stocks, but there's a chance there's a fixed stock. All the kits include original uncut barrels.

Feb 28, 2013
    There are many variables to consider, and it depends on what you intend to build- standard title 1 rifle? Handgun? SBR or AOW?
    For a standard rifle, you will need 922r compliance parts. The builder can choose to accomplish this in any number of ways. You will also need labor, tools, and patience. Machining/gunsmithing experience is definitely a plus- I wouldn't recommend this as a novice build. The Czech barrels are about 15" long, so a permanently attached muzzle brake is required to meet 16", unless you plan to build a pistol or NFA weapon. There are a number of tutorials available online.

I watched a guy at an AK build get-together working on one of those. That poor fella had an absolute fit tryin' to get his head space right.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    If you are talking about Czech made parts, barrels were made in different diameters. The Czech receivers are made with the smallest diameter hole and must be fitted to the intended barrel. They are more complicated to assemble than an AK.

TheDevilHimself

, Duffy's Gun Room
    Industry Partner
    Jul 15, 2011
    Sparks, MD
    Ok, we have the following in stock:

- 1960 VZ58 complete parts kit with wood furniture & fixed stock @ $300
    - 1961 VZ58 complete parts kit with bakelite furniture & folding stock @$300
    - 1962 VZ58 complete parts kit with bakelite furniture & folding stock @$300
    - one ORF VZ58 receiver- she X 69 marked - $400

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bapple

Latest threads

Top Bottom