• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lex Armarum

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2009
    Its a good optic. Can't beat it for a low-to-mid range priced optic. Decent quality and great customer service. Don't know how it stands up against operator awesomeness but it did alright trekking about the woods with me this year.

F-Stop

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Cecil County
    I picked one up from PSA when they had it for $165 + free MBUS. It's been on my 15-22. It's nice optic and should be fine for realistic use. No issues thus far.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Its a good optic. Can't beat it for a low-to-mid range priced optic. Decent quality and great customer service. Don't know how it stands up against operator awesomeness but it did alright trekking about the woods with me this year.

+1. Its as close as you can get to an aimpoint without buying an aimpoint. Only thing that got me was the blue tint. However i hear that its not as bad as other optics in that orice range.

Echo

Troublemaker
    Oct 31, 2012
    Annapolis
    When Palmetto State Armory had the $50 OFF sale on StrikeFire recently, did they have free shipping as well? Or did you have to pay for shipping?
    Also, did the mount come with it?

Yes, It included the extra high 30mm rings and free shipping.

Ganegrei

Comblock Convert
    Jun 23, 2011
    Somewhere in BoCo
    When Palmetto State Armory had the $50 OFF sale on StrikeFire recently, did they have free shipping as well? Or did you have to pay for shipping?
    Also, did the mount come with it?

Dunno about PSA but primary arms had a deal where for 170 bucks u got the Vortex Strikefire, a 3x magnifier, a 30mm ring for the magnifier, and a cantiliever mount for the Strikefire. Free shipping too.

FFMike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2010
    Howard County
    Dunno about PSA but primary arms had a deal where for 170 bucks u got the Vortex Strikefire, a 3x magnifier, a 30mm ring for the magnifier, and a cantiliever mount for the Strikefire. Free shipping too.

That is what Optics Planet has going on now, with an additional 15 bucks off.

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    From what I can determine it looks like, given a choice, most of you would choose the red/green dot StrikeFire rather than just the red dot alone. Opinions?

cyclrcr

Pronounced as cycleracer
    Oct 24, 2008
    Joppa
    I just got mine in from the PSA deal and it looks to be a good optic. I just need to mount it and zero. The only thing that bothered me when I go it was it was made in China. I guess that is to be expected at that price. Since Vortex has had a good reputation, I'm thinking this is the better stuff from China.

r3t1awr3yd

Meh.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 14, 2010
    Bowie, MD
    $169

https://www.primaryarms.com/Vortex_StrikeFire_Red_Green_Dot_p/sfrd-hunt-ar15-bundle.htm

Vortex Red/Green HUNT StrikeFire
    Primary Arms High Cantilever Red Dot Mount
    3X Magnifier and Thumb Screw Mount

SFRD-HUNT-AR15-BUNDLE-2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads