Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    Other info for those watching Virginia

============
    Virginia Patriots,

We have sent out the "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" email updates throughout various legislative fights, but this is as ugly as they come.

Our team just returned from Richmond, working to get co-sponsors of Delegate Marie March's Repeal of Red Flag Gun Confiscation , and sadly the "ugly" really stands out.

As you are aware, we send out our Candidate Surveys to all announced candidates when they file to run for office. And on that survey we ask hard questions where candidates can either support our proposed legislation, oppose our proposed legislation or, if they greatly support the effort, choose to sponsor the legislation.

And you would think candidates for office would be truthful, though sadly today proved that some are not. In fact, I have been confronted more than a few times with candidates straight out lying on their survey.

Which I am sad to report is the situation with Delegate Tim Anderson (R-83).

You see, Anderson filled out our 2021 Restore Virginia Now State Candidate Survey, pledging he would not only support, but also sponsor legislation to repeal Red Flag Gun Grabs. You can see the survey results by clicking here.

So you can imagine how utterly disgusted I was when Delegate Anderson told me to my face today he would not co-sponsor House Bill 509 , Delegate March's Bill to Repeal Red Flag.

Delegate Anderson then brushed me off and headed to speak with someone else. Thinking perhaps I had heard wrong, I spoke to our Candidate Coordinator, Wally Bunyea, and told him to verify with Anderson that indeed he would not co-sponsor our bill.

Shockingly, even after confronted with the fact he had completed our survey, pledged and signed the survey to sponsor Red Flag Gun Confiscation Repeal, Anderson again brushed off members of our team and flatly told them he would not honor his campaign promise.

You see, Delegates can only submit a set number of bills, but they can co-sponsor many more. Agreeing to co-sponsor House Bill 509 would have cost Anderson nothing, but his refusal will.

This is why it is vital, if you think as we do that candidates must honor their campaign promises, that you contact Delegate Tim Anderson (R-83), and tell him he must honor his campaign promise and sponsor House Bill 509, the complete and total repeal of Red Flag Gun Confiscation, by calling him at 804-698-1083.

If you prefer, you can email him by clicking here and you can also comment on his Facebook Page by clicking here.

If you value Restoring Virginia, you simply cannot let politicians say one thing on the campaign trail and then stab you in the back after elected.

Now, enough about the 'Ugly' of today, let's talk about-

The Good-

Our volunteer team arrived early at the Capitol, and then split up to work to get co-sponsors of our Red Flag Repeal Bill. And I am glad to report that the following State Delegates agreed to join in the effort to repeal this unconstitutional law, and restore the 2nd, 4th, 5th, 6th and 14th Amendments-

Delegate Phillip Scott (R-88)
    Delegate Nick Freitas (R-30)
    Delegate Bill Wiley (R-29)
    Delegate Wren Williams (R-9)
    Delegate Glenn Davis (R-84)
    Delegate Buddy Fowler (R-55)
    Delegate Chris Runion (R-25)

We are happy to see these Delegates joining the fight to restore your right to keep and bear arms and your right to due process.

S. Chris Anders, Director VCC- Chris Lee- Paul Kershaw- Wally Bunyea- Delegate March- Allen Getz- Paul W. Moog, Virginia Gun Rights

But as always, there is also the Bad-

Many times I have told you that just because the 'Republican' Party has taken back control of the House of Delegates does not mean your liberty is safe, or that the schemes of the Richmond Radicals would be repealed.

And today was clear evidence of that.

Not only did Delegate Tim Anderson refuse to sign on to restore your God given rights, but also these Delegates need to hear from you-

Delegate Carrie Coyner (R-62)- 804-698-1062
    Delegate Roxann Robinson (R-27)- 804-698-1027
    Delegate Lee Ware (R-65)- 804-698-1065
    Delegate Scott Wyatt (R-97)- 804-698-1097

How are we supposed to fight the gun grabbers when supposed members of our own 'team' refuse to sign onto the effort?

But never worry, we are just beginning to fight. I promise that we will exert heavy pressure on every State Delegate to vote to Repeal Red Flag Gun Grabs, but to do so we need your support.

Many of you have already done so, but please take the 5 minutes to-

Sign our Urgent Petition to Repeal Red Flag Gun Confiscation
    Call Speaker Todd Gilbert at 804-698-1015 and tell him he must push every single 'Republican' in the House of Delegates to support House Bill 509- or if you prefer you can click here to email him
    Click here to donate to help arm us for a full and complete repeal of House Bill 509 and restore the 2nd, 4th, 5th, 6th and 14th Amendments for future generations.
    And then forward this email to all of your friends and family

Shortly we will start calling every gun owner in key districts, to urge them to contact their elected state representative to support House Bill 509. And in the next few weeks, our teams will be back in Richmond, fighting to restore your rights.

I am truly sorry to have to report on Delegate Tim Anderson's betrayal , but we do not play the party game. We hold all elected officials accountable, no matter what political affiliation they claim.

Because Freedom and Liberty matter more than political affiliation.

Last edited:

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    I’m frankly shocked. I know Tim - one of his areas of legal practice is firearms rights restoration and he’s always been strong 2A supporter. I wonder what his reason is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    I’m frankly shocked. I know Tim - one of his areas of legal practice is firearms rights restoration and he’s always been strong 2A supporter. I wonder what his reason is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would red flag laws ADD to his potential income stream?

Maybe the reason he wants to keep them?

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    Looking at this interview?

Seems like he supports Guilty until you prove your innocence. About as Communist as you get.

Cmmon, tim.

I will chat any day.

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    update

Virginia Patriots,

Various sources in Richmond have told us that there might be troubled waters ahead for House Bill 509, the full and complete Repeal of Red flag Gun Confiscation.
    And we need your help.

As you know, Delegate Marie March (R-7) is leading the effort on ripping Red Flag Gun grabbing Schemes out by the roots in Virginia, but apparently there are shenanigans being played behind closed doors, and we need your help.

On Friday HB509 was sent to the Rules Committee, which of course is being chaired by Speaker Todd Gilbert. Last week, while in Richmond, I was told several times that there is an effort to bundle all the 'pro-gun' bills into one large ominbus bill, and this is a sure way to see that they all fail.

Why?

Because it allows 'weak' conservatives an 'out' to vote against the omnibus bill, without clearly being opposed to a specific issue. These same spineless politicians can then go to pro-gun voters and say "hey I support one part of the bill but couldn't support another, so I am pro-gun", while then going to meet with the anti-gun nuts and tell them "see I am with you, I voted anti-gun".

If we want to make Virginia the first to repeal Red Flag, it is vital that it be a stand-alone bill, and not amended or bundled with other bills.

This is why it is important that you click here to email the members of the Rules Committee to tell them to quickly pass House Bill 509 as it is written and not amend or bundle it.

I have been told several times that 'leadership' supports repealing Red Flag, but if that was the case, why was it not immediately sent to the Public Safety Committee where all firearms related legislation is normally sent?

To me this seems really fishy.

Not only that, but in 2020, here at the Virginia Constitutional Conservatives, we were able to pressure several Democratic Senators to vote against passing Red Flag Gun Confiscation, enough that with Lt. Governor Winsome Sears casting the tie-breaking vote, we have a good chance of winning.

If it arrives in the State Senate bundled or amended, our chance of winning almost disappears.

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    It was a squeaker... But moved. Keep supporting the Constitution.

Attachments

• bill509.jpg
      bill509.jpg
      22.6 KB · Views: 159

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads