• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mister F

Aug 16, 2022
    Rockville
    Perhaps because the state case decided the questions and there is nothing left to litigate.

Just musings

That’s more likely….? Shouldn’t be but is. I mean, these orals were for an interlocutory on the PI denial, right? Not on a final decision by D. Md. ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Ok, so now what? On November 21, we knew this was coming.
    How long will it take.
    Does the 4th CC decide when it will reread the case?
    Yep

Does the state and MSI testify some more?
    Yep

Can the court say you're wasting our time, get going,
    They can deny the request...Or

or will they take a new in depth look at the case.
    They can take the request and hear it.

Will they assign new judges?
    En Banc means ALL of the judges in the 4th Circuit (with a few exceptions) will sit and hear the case.

The main question is how long will this take.
    How good is your crystal ball?

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Yes, so you already can predict the outcome of en banc hearing, hence why they requested it. Then another 5-10 years to get to SCOTUS. So 15-20 years to overturn an unconstitutional law, assuming the court is the same at that time. Yay, “justice”. Fourth box.
    Yeah, um...NO
    Whichever party loses will have 90 days from the En Banc ruling to request CERT from SCOTUS. SCOTUS will either take the case or not take the case in the year the Cert petition was filed.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Perhaps because the state case decided the questions and there is nothing left to litigate.

Just musings
    The State case decided State issues, not federal 2A issues, plenty left to litigate.

70Sevens

Jun 4, 2013
    Evil never rests...does it. Jerks. I had a nice little Christmas list with the hope that they wouldn't appeal. Naive position obviously. I guess now I will just go back to waiting:banghead:

Phoenix_1295

Creature of Life and Fire
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD
    Evil never rests...does it. Jerks. I had a nice little Christmas list with the hope that they wouldn't appeal. Naive position obviously. I guess now I will just go back to waiting:banghead:

Nothing preventing purchasing either way.

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    Excuse my ignorance but how long did it take the 4C 3 take between getting the case and the temporary ruling?

Thank you

emerald

Ultimate Member
    Apr 25, 2015

Don't let them win. That's what they want. To make it so onerous you succumb. Buy as many as you can afford. Get your designated collector letter, your C&R, all of it, and fill the safe!

fredthe

MDS Supporter
    Oct 18, 2023
    Bowie, MD
    Don't let them win. That's what they want. To make it so onerous you succumb. Buy as many as you can afford. Get your designated collector letter, your C&R, all of it, and fill the safe!
    I got my designated collector letter today, time to stock up!
    (C&R is next on the list.)

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    I shall tell you what common sense is.

Common sense is keeping a fire extinguisher under you kitchen sink even if after 60 years you've never had a fire.

Common sense is having a smoke detector in your home, even though the only times it has ever gone off are when you're overdoing something in the oven or skillet.

Common sense is having automobile insurance even though over perhaps a million miles of driving (a real number), you've never injured a single soul and made a sizable claim.

Common sense is wearing your seatbelt every mile you're on the road even if, after a lifetime, it's never once been needed to keep you from hurtling through the windshield.

Common sense is having firearms in case you're accosted, or your government needs to be kept in line, or needs a reset, even though these things have never happened during your lifetime either.
    QFT

Indeed sir indeed!

70Sevens

Jun 4, 2013
    I do agree with you on some level.

I actually did get my designed collector letter back in 2013 before the law changed because it allowed me to keep buying and not wait the 30 days. Not sure if that helps me today though if I don't want to do the HQL.

On the HQL - I would pay the stupid license fee and I would take the required training even though I do not agree with it. What I have a major issue with is the principle of being finger printed. I do not appreciate being treated like a criminal...thats how that requirement feels to me. Also what could go wrong with giving the guvmint your personnel identifiable unique print.:sarcasm: This is my issue and I just can't get past it.

Maybe its being foolish or wouldn't really matter. I don't know. Clearly its not constitutional to me. On the bright side....I'm saving money that I definitely would have spent :)

emerald

Ultimate Member
    Apr 25, 2015
    I do agree with you on some level.

I actually did get my designed collector letter back in 2013 before the law changed because it allowed me to keep buying and not wait the 30 days. Not sure if that helps me today though if I don't want to do the HQL.

On the HQL - I would pay the stupid license fee and I would take the required training even though I do not agree with it. What I have a major issue with is the principle of being finger printed. I do not appreciate being treated like a criminal...thats how that requirement feels to me. Also what could go wrong with giving the guvmint your personnel identifiable unique print.:sarcasm: This is my issue and I just can't get past it.

Maybe its being foolish or wouldn't really matter. I don't know. Clearly its not constitutional to me. On the bright side....I'm saving money that I definitely would have spent :)

I understand where you're coming from, and ultimately, we have to be comfortable with our situation. It's all a balance. I'd suggest getting the C&R and purchasing from out of state. Then you skip all of MD's crap. Even within MD, if you buy something that is on the C&R list, you don't need the HQL. You'll still do the 77R, but you don't need to give up your prints for that. I'm really into vintage pieces more anyway. There are a lot of really neat things out there, and 50 years back includes a lot of pretty modern firearms at this point. You can still fill a safe or two! ; )

70Sevens

Jun 4, 2013
    I understand where you're coming from, and ultimately, we have to be comfortable with our situation. It's all a balance. I'd suggest getting the C&R and purchasing from out of state. Then you skip all of MD's crap. Even within MD, if you buy something that is on the C&R list, you don't need the HQL. You'll still do the 77R, but you don't need to give up your prints for that. I'm really into vintage pieces more anyway. There are a lot of really neat things out there, and 50 years back includes a lot of pretty modern firearms at this point. You can still fill a safe or two! ; )
    Thanks. I'm going to ask a really dumb question here. What does C&R stand for? Sounds like its for "vintage" firearms...which I agree would include pretty modern stuff that I would probably like. The out of state thing that you mentioned...I don't understand. I will need to read up on this subject (maybe there's a thread on it here I can find too).

Lafayette

Not that kind of doctor
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2021
    Maryland
    Thanks. I'm going to ask a really dumb question here. What does C&R stand for? Sounds like its for "vintage" firearms...which I agree would include pretty modern stuff that I would probably like. The out of state thing that you mentioned...I don't understand. I will need to read up on this subject (maybe there's a thread on it here I can find too).
    Curio & Relic

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tyler42232

Latest threads

Top Bottom