• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Steel Hunter

Nov 10, 2019
    C&R works on guns that are 50+ years old that don't have a federal restriction correct?
    Yes. C&R = Curios and Relics. You would want a Type 1 (dealer of firearms or gunsmithing) which isn't practical to have unless you really do run a business.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    C&R works on guns that are 50+ years old that don't have a federal restriction correct?
    you must keep a bound book. ATF can come and inspect it but that is very rare. It is for guns 50 years or older, have significant collection value or is on the approved list. There are a lot of good pistol that you can buy. I actually took my w&c class with a p64 and it worked quite well.

Infidel11B

Nov 3, 2018
    Love how it says complete training within 3 years of application. That means that after the 3 year anniversary of a course completion, you have to do the course all over again. Just stupid.

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    Well I read it, and I think what the actual goal of the state is to follow the dissenters opinion that is should go back to the district to see how bruen applies. The reasoning for this is delay, another year for the district court to review, appeal and another year to get it back to the 4Th.

A lot of the things stated are easily shot down with the 77r steps, aka to make sure those buying are not prohibited. Cant really say the hql is to stop prohibited people, when the actual check is dont during the 7 days of the 77r stuff. A lot of people have gotten the hql and been denied during the 77r stuff. Get that stats and its ammo to say the hql is redundant and not as effective as they try to say it is.

Or argue that the hql should be the right to purchase and not have the 77r steps to go thru. Just nics and fill the 77r and leave with the gun same day of you have the hql. They dont need both, as having both is a delay past the "reasonable" delays allowed under bruen.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Well I read it, and I think what the actual goal of the state is to follow the dissenters opinion that is should go back to the district to see how bruen applies. The reasoning for this is delay, another year for the district court to review, appeal and another year to get it back to the 4Th.

A lot of the things stated are easily shot down with the 77r steps, aka to make sure those buying are not prohibited. Cant really say the hql is to stop prohibited people, when the actual check is dont during the 7 days of the 77r stuff. A lot of people have gotten the hql and been denied during the 77r stuff. Get that stats and its ammo to say the hql is redundant and not as effective as they try to say it is.

Or argue that the hql should be the right to purchase and not have the 77r steps to go thru. Just nics and fill the 77r and leave with the gun same day of you have the hql. They dont need both, as having both is a delay past the "reasonable" delays allowed under bruen.
    But not yet under court challenge. So they will stand ... for now.

Cool_Moo5e

Sep 4, 2023
    Harford
    you must keep a bound book. ATF can come and inspect it but that is very rare. It is for guns 50 years or older, have significant collection value or is on the approved list. There are a lot of good pistol that you can buy. I actually took my w&c class with a p64 and it worked quite well.
    yeah, luckily I am a records hoarder.

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    this won't do any good, they will just use taxpayer money to pay it just more wasted tax money. it will help MSI to continue the fight for us but will not stop county or state leaders from further infringements of our rights. What needs to happen is everyone that put their name on the bad laws should be held personally liable for the court cost.
    I see it as MSI then has money to chase the next case. Paid by all Marylanders, not just members of MSI.

Kinda moot point at this time. Everyone needs to kick in a few bucks to help pay the En Banc costs now.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Phoenix_1295

Creature of Life and Fire
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD
    Attorney General Anthony Brown Files Petition for Rehearing in Handgun Licensing Case Maryland Shall Issue v. Wes Moore

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Except that this was a press release from the AG, not the actual court filing

I was in the process of posting it until I saw Phoenix beat me to it

Clovis

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 1, 2011
    Centreville
    Considering "text, history, and tradition" I'm not sure the state really wants to go there arguing for gun control as all I can recall historically started out as being rather racist first against freed slaves and then (the Sullivan act 1911) against New York Italian immigrants. All of this was done by Democrat politicians and most of it during the last century, but I guess they think that's a good thing. Now they can apply this short history and tradition of gun control to the rest of us tax slaves.

pre64hunter

Mar 19, 2010
    Harford County
    Ok, so now what? On November 21, we knew this was coming.
    How long will it take.
    Does the 4th CC decide when it will reread the case?
    Does the state and MSI testify some more?
    Can the court say you're wasting our time, get going, or will they take a new in depth look at the case.
    Will they assign new judges?
    The main question is how long will this take.

Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air
    Ok, so now what? On November 21, we knew this was coming.
    How long will it take.
    Does the 4th CC decide when it will reread the case?
    Does the state and MSI testify some more?
    Can the court say you're wasting our time, get going, or will they take a new in depth look at the case.
    Will they assign new judges?
    The main question is how long will this take.

En Banc means that it will be heard by all 4th circuit judges. Really there's no time frame. Probably months - maybe a year - maybe longer.

I have stopped believing that court is anything to do with justice - it has more to do with theater and advancing their political ideals. There is no doubt in my mind that they will push this as long as they can. If they can they will wait for the SCOTUS makeup to change so they can decide how they want and not be at risk of being overturned.

Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air
    Considering "text, history, and tradition" I'm not sure the state really wants to go there arguing for gun control as all I can recall historically started out as being rather racist first against freed slaves and then (the Sullivan act 1911) against New York Italian immigrants. All of this was done by Democrat politicians and most of it during the last century, but I guess they think that's a good thing. Now they can apply this short history and tradition of gun control to the rest of us tax slaves.

THT refers to 1791 and 1868. Anything in the last 150 years is irrelevant.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RamDoug

Latest threads

Top Bottom