• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    Unless my count is off, it's two more days of wait till we know or not.
    The filing from counsel is due Dec. 7. When the Court actually signs and enters the orders is up to the Judge.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I don't think MD can argue it so we can hope the due date passed then the HQL is just void.

Well they can’t argue it logically within the confines of the law and Bruen but since when has that ever stopped them from being idiots?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    I don't think MD can argue it so we can hope the due date passed then the HQL is just void.
    MD has an unlimited amount of tax payers money and they don't care if they waste it or not. they hope to win by making it so expensive that we can no longer afford to fight. the only way they wont fight is if they have to pay the fees out of their own pockets and we know that will never happen.

Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air
    MD has an unlimited amount of tax payers money and they don't care if they waste it or not. they hope to win by making it so expensive that we can no longer afford to fight. the only way they wont fight is if they have to pay the fees out of their own pockets and we know that will never happen.

This.

:mad54:

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    well, in the Mont. Co., case I think it likely that the County will be paying fees under 42 usc 1988. It won't be a rounding error in the county's 6 billion dollar budget but it may sting.
    Stay tuned.

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    Their budget is already pretty tight (too much spending).

Unless they budget for this sort of thing, something will have to get cut to pay for it.

Should come out of the county council budget since it was their error that caused this.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    And we all know that not a single one of those 6 billion dollars of expenditures amounts to even a single penny of superfluous spending. All spending is equally mission critical. And no spending can be cut without absolutely catastrophic consequences.

Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland

The amount of money the state wastes defending their unconstitutional laws probably could have rebuilt the Back River sewage treatment plant 3 times, thus cleaning up the Chesapeake Bay.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    The amount of money the state wastes defending their unconstitutional laws probably could have rebuilt the Back River sewage treatment plant 3 times, thus cleaning up the Chesapeake Bay.
    BAAAAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Seriously though, there's so much more that goes into why the bay is effed than the a sewage treatment plant.

I had a discussion with a guy from the department of natural resources, and he was telling me how much runoff in terms of tainted water that winds up in the bay that comes off of the Bay Bridge ALONE.

Now consider the urban sprawl that has happened over the last 20 years - all of the new blacktop macadam asphalt that has been created, all the storm drains, etc here in central Maryland that all winds up eventually flowing into the bay. An this doesn't even scratch the surface of all of the crap that flows into the Susquehanna from PA before it ever even makes its way into Maryland.

Cleaning up the Chesapeake Bay is a near-impossible proposition, and we are our own worst stewards of it without even realizing it.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    well, in the Mont. Co., case I think it likely that the County will be paying fees under 42 usc 1988. It won't be a rounding error in the county's 6 billion dollar budget but it may sting.
    Stay tuned.
    Counselor, if we get the Supreme Court decision we are hoping for in the Loper Bright Enterprises v. Raimondo case, what sort of potential strain do you envision on the DOJ and other backers of the administrative state created by a flurry of more well-heeled industries challenging regulators gone wild?

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Cleaning up the Chesapeake Bay is a near-impossible proposition, and we are our own worst stewards of it without even realizing it.
    Absolutely right. But it's also an extremely lucrative money laundering scheme for the local jurisdictions, so it will never end...

Now back to the topic at hand.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    BAAAAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Seriously though, there's so much more that goes into why the bay is effed than the a sewage treatment plant.

Be that as it may , the points in this context remain :

A new sewage plant ( among a thousand other things ) would be a better use of taxpayer $ than tilting at windmills trying to defend Unconstitutional laws .

Evoking Cleaning the Bay would resonate with progressive voters , to hopefully see a project they care about undercut by Infringement attempts .

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Be that as it may , the points in this context remain :

A new sewage plant ( among a thousand other things ) would be a better use of taxpayer $ than tilting at windmills trying to defend Unconstitutional laws .

Evoking Cleaning the Bay would resonate with progressive voters , to hopefully see a project they care about undercut by Infringement attempts .
    I would dearly love to watch a food fight between, say, the Demanding Moms and the local Sierra Club branch over the funding. But I know I'm dreaming.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    CZBren

Latest threads

Top Bottom