VERTX Brand Carry Shirts (built in undershirt)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I love Vertx gear. All the threads with people with guns rubbing their sensitive skin and talking t shirts, Vertx has an answer.

I HATE wearing t shirts, especially under a polo. Vertx solved that with a "T shirt" attached inside the lower half of their shirts.
    One downside to it I can see, is it may keep it too tight pulling the shirt down when tucked in too deep.

They also have button down shirts with the "skirt" too.

assesor.jpg

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    Lie to us and say that you practice 20 or 30 draw reps everyday before you leave the house. LOL
    I'm not even that worried about the draw... its the reholster that worries me much more. If you draw but have to reholster under stress, they are darn near impossible to do, especially if someone is coming at you.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I'm not even that worried about the draw... its the reholster that worries me much more. If you draw but have to reholster under stress, they are darn near impossible to do, especially if someone is coming at you.
    Why would you reholster under stress? With someone coming at you?

You should worry about your draw. One handed. Worst case scenario.
    Everyone thinks they'll be drawing just from under a shirt. Winter, you're defeating a coat and your shirt.

Cops may need to reholster under stress to cuff someone, etc...
    Civilians, not so much. Cops use pistols to perform law enforcement duties and not just to shoot.
    It's assumed if you're drawing as a civilian, you're shooting.

But from a belly band from under a button down shirt one handed? That's a death sentence right there. Especially without practice.

Everyone touts "I'm protecting my family at all costs". It's their gun too. If you're not practicing to protect them, you're not doing anyone any favors.

But hey, what do I know. Don't get a few reps in before leaving the house. It's yours and your family's shoot, not mine.

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    Maybe I'm over thinking it, but I've pulled my gun hundreds of times in my career, I've never pulled the trigger on the road. Some of those times I've had to holster under stress and transition to a different level of force. Wouldn't want to have to do that with a belly band.

In qualifications, I've drawn from an IWB holster that started to come of my belt during a draw. It was fairly easy to use my left hand to separate gun from holster and get my rounds downrange, then reholster.

Maybe a regular Joe wouldn't have to worry about that transition to lesser force, but I'm allegedly trained better and don't really want to go to jail because I choose to shoot rather than try to reholster even though the threat may not have justified the force.

But I agree, whatever you choose, train. Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I always wear a T-shirt, even under a polo shirt (Ralph Lauren weeps), but I am prone to HoJo pits

As an aside, the guy in your picture looks gay (not that there's anything wrong with that)

Of course he is, he’s got a skirt under his shirt!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I love Vertx gear. All the threads with people with guns rubbing their sensitive skin and talking t shirts, Vertx has an answer.

I HATE wearing t shirts, especially under a polo. Vertx solved that with a "T shirt" attached inside the lower half of their shirts.
    One downside to it I can see, is it may keep it too tight pulling the shirt down when tucked in too deep.

They also have button down shirts with the "skirt" too.

View attachment 399874
    Are you saying you actually have some of these? I'm definitely interested...but a little skeptical. Personally, I feel that some of my concealment comes from having the shirt (the outer one) tucked in and "bloused up" a little at the belt line to help hide my secrets. This looks like it would be very straight and "clingy" around the mid section and not be as effective at obscuring things. Is that what you meant by, "it may keep it too tight pulling the shirt down when tucked in too deep?" Maybe in real life it hangs a little looser than I'm imagining. I wish they had some more action shots of that one.

Also, until today, I didn't think I would find a shirt confusing...but I feel like I could be confused by the button down ones (that are actually snaps that look like buttons...that part I get and like). Do the buttons only actually open halfway up? You still have to pull it over your head to get into the T-shirt part of it, right? And then, looking at this picture:
    DSC00383-2.jpg

...the T-shirt collar is black, while the T-shirt bottom is gray? How many layers are going on here??? Or is he wearing an additional black T-shirt under it? That would seem redundant.

I'm not 100% sold on this...but I'll keep watching. I'd be even more easily swayed if they blatantly advertised their stuff being Made In USA.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Are you saying you actually have some of these? I'm definitely interested...but a little skeptical. Personally, I feel that some of my concealment comes from having the shirt (the outer one) tucked in and "bloused up" a little at the belt line to help hide my secrets. This looks like it would be very straight and "clingy" around the mid section and not be as effective at obscuring things. Is that what you meant by, "it may keep it too tight pulling the shirt down when tucked in too deep?" Maybe in real life it hangs a little looser than I'm imagining. I wish they had some more action shots of that one.

Also, until today, I didn't think I would find a shirt confusing...but I feel like I could be confused by the button down ones (that are actually snaps that look like buttons...that part I get and like). Do the buttons only actually open halfway up? You still have to pull it over your head to get into the T-shirt part of it, right? And then, looking at this picture:
    DSC00383-2.jpg

...the T-shirt collar is black, while the T-shirt bottom is gray? How many layers are going on here??? Or is he wearing an additional black T-shirt under it? That would seem redundant.

I'm not 100% sold on this...but I'll keep watching. I'd be even more easily swayed if they blatantly advertised their stuff being Made In USA.
    I have none of these because I hate t shirts.
    I was just posting it for you ladies with sensitive skin.

Wrap cloth tape around your grip and call it a day.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    I too didn’t like wearing a tee shirt under a polo, in the summer.

I’ve been wearing these specialized CCW underwear for a few years now and they work great for keeping the Kydex from rubbing against my abdomen.

20ac7cf45b406497df10040569fcbd0c.jpg

The only big downside is that after a long day of work, when I get home, sometimes I need to use a shop-vac to protract my ball sack.

In all seriousness, how does the inner liner attach to outer shirt? Is there some sort of hemming or stitching going around the middle? One thing I dislike more than wearing 2 shirts when it’s hot is wearing a shirt with some sort of stitching in places where there shouldn’t be.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    In all seriousness, how does the inner liner attach to outer shirt? Is there some sort of hemming or stitching going around the middle? One thing I dislike more than wearing 2 shirts when it’s hot is wearing a shirt with some sort of stitching in places where there shouldn’t be.

It doesn't appear to be too major of a hem.
    Make your own sweat shield like I have posted in one of the other 400 holster threads. :)

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I have none of these because I hate t shirts.
    I was just posting it for you ladies with sensitive skin.

Wrap cloth tape around your grip and call it a day.
    Oh...well, a proper lady should have her delicate figure thoroughly protected with layers of petticoats, camisoles and assorted other lacie things...obviously.

Don't men just get callouses :shrug:

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I too didn’t like wearing a tee shirt under a polo, in the summer.

I’ve been wearing these specialized CCW underwear for a few years now and they work great for keeping the Kydex from rubbing against my abdomen.

20ac7cf45b406497df10040569fcbd0c.jpg

The only big downside is that after a long day of work, when I get home, sometimes I need to use a shop-vac to protract my ball sack.

That is quite a tuck job! :eek:

On the website, you can see a weird hemline on the polo shirt, just below the nips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom