Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    18342025_1915942742022807_5230010545387879072_n.jpg

they work fine.

AlanInSilverSpring

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 25, 2017
    A buddy of mine loves his. I've never used one, but also curious. Let us know what you think!

Just received today. Haven't shot with it yet but like it. Legs pop out affirmatively and slide back in with no real effort. Also very easy to put on as it opens wide, unlike some others I've tried that are a pia. Only thing that would make it better would be if it was foldable since it's longer than a normal grip.

The downside ?
    bipod foregrip + scope + golf ball launcher = jussssst squeezing into my soft case

ZeroCool

Nov 8, 2006
    New PA Resident...
    Both my buddy and I bought these cheapo knockoffs. I put mine on my tacticool 10/22 and he put his on his AR.

Honestly, they are dog ugly and feel like they could blow apart each time you deploy it but both of ours have held up without issue for like 2 or 3 years now.

Granted, they don't get a ton of use but still surprisingly durable. Not sure I'd take it to war but it should be fine for plinking.

teawhy

Mar 24, 2017
    Southern Maryland
    Just received today. Haven't shot with it yet but like it. Legs pop out affirmatively and slide back in with no real effort. Also very easy to put on as it opens wide, unlike some others I've tried that are a pia. Only thing that would make it better would be if it was foldable since it's longer than a normal grip.

The downside ?
    bipod foregrip + scope + golf ball launcher = jussssst squeezing into my soft case

Both my buddy and I bought these cheapo knockoffs. I put mine on my tacticool 10/22 and he put his on his AR.

Honestly, they are dog ugly and feel like they could blow apart each time you deploy it but both of ours have held up without issue for like 2 or 3 years now.

Granted, they don't get a ton of use but still surprisingly durable. Not sure I'd take it to war but it should be fine for plinking.

I'm interested to hear how it holds up at the range, Alan. I think you made a good point, Zero. Might not be a great tool for war, but good enough for multi-postion target practice.

AlanInSilverSpring

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 25, 2017
    I'm interested to hear how it holds up at the range, Alan. I think you made a good point, Zero. Might not be a great tool for war, but good enough for multi-postion target practice.

Since I won't be going to war any time soon I think it'll be okay. Not taking my golf ball launcher into battle either ;)

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Am I the only one who really doesn't like GripPods? They're heavy, they're not very good bipods, and they make it much harder to fire from a rest or supported position. I guess it's possible I'd like the FAB Defense T-Pod variant better, but as noted... pricey.

Ports

Aug 11, 2014
    I have the B&T version for my MR762 SBR but it's a bit bulky for my taste so I just use a Magpul VFG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Major03

Ultimate Member
    Am I the only one who really doesn't like GripPods? They're heavy, they're not very good bipods, and they make it much harder to fire from a rest or supported position. I guess it's possible I'd like the FAB Defense T-Pod variant better, but as noted... pricey.

Nope, you're not the only one...I tried one out since I was at a gun show with $10 burning a hole in my pocket and figured why not?

They are bulkier than a normal vertical grip, and the bipod doesn't provide a stable enough platform in my opinion to make it functional as a bipod. Feet aren't wide enough, too much play in it, and anything other than a level bench doesn't work.

Anyone that wants mine is welcome to it.

slybarman

low speed high drag 9-5er
    Feb 10, 2013

Everything I ever from read from soldiers that were deployed with them was negative. They didn't seem to care for them one bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom