• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    We should have a rule where if someone references MD law, they must provide a link.
    1659814354614.png

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    This is a forum like many others. Just because someone never heard of it means it's not true.
    And it was said on the internet… it must be true.
    Or, someone’s neighbor’s second cousin’s best buddy who was at last weeks BBQ, said it… it must be law. Because he applied to become a LEO once. Don’t they take a test for that?

Last edited:

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    A toddler sized diaper will wrap around a small auto or j frame pretty well and can be put in a couple layers of tied up plastic grocery bags with some wipes smeared on a chocolate bar for full effect.
    istockphoto-1058756426-170667a.jpg

I usually just stick it in the map pocket or whatever the pocket on the back of the seat is called. People that break into cars don't check there. Plenty of other places you can hide it if your creative. They just look in console, glovebox under seat, rear floorboard, storage compartments. I'll risk losing a firearm to have it readily accessible. You never know when you will need it in a hurry. Chances of getting it stolen are extremely low. How many times have your vehicles been broken into while you were in the store? Most people would say never. Vehicles are usually broken it to over night.

tlwatkinson

MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    I have been looking in my truck trying to find a good place to store a pistol. I have an older 05 Silverado. I found that the area directly in front of the portion of the console that has the lid, is the area that holds drinks etc. I removed the top of the cup holder. It took a little effort the first time, but once it was taken off I found a large area inside that can be padded up and any pistol as well as quite a bit of other stuff could be stored inside. After I removed the top, I trimmed the edges of the small tabs that hold it in place. It is still secured in place, but with a small pull it opens right up. You could also use a small cable lock to secure the gun to bracing that is inside. I'll take some pictures later. I really think this might be a good storage area for other valuables as well. It is reasonably accessible, and no one searching a vehicle is going to find it. No, I didn't sell drugs in a past life.

sclag22

Jan 9, 2013
    Fred Co.
    Not a storage item but the wife just installed this in her Jeep. Pretty well made item.
    I like the concept, and admit I am unfamiliar with the Jeep safety systems. But my wife's 4Runner has lower leg airbags. When she hit a deer going 60, the impact was great enough to trip all the bag sensors. Because she only hit a deer, there was not a huge forward momentum so she basically watched the steering wheel explode in her face. The lower leg bags, however, had a pretty decent impact and she had aches and bruises on her shins for a while. That alone would give me concerns. I'm probably overthinking it, but I imagine a fractured lower leg versus bruising in a similar situation with this holster attachment.

Carroll

Jul 19, 2022
    Pasadena, MD
    30 cal metal ammo box and special bolt from Amazon. Made the cable from parts from Home Depot. Already had the lock. Total cost about $35. If need be I'll throw a towel over it when it's lying in the floor behind the passenger seat or rear storage area. With tinted windows in modern cars it is difficult to see unless you are looking for it. I doubt the average person would be carrying bolt cutters to cut the lock.

Attachments

• lock box.jpg
      lock box.jpg
      205.8 KB · Views: 53

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom