• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    I have a couple of these, they have the tethered steel security cable as shown on other models also.

Came in handy over the last week as we were vacationing in Ocean City, MD. I carried everywhere except the only time not really possible was when we were at the hotel pool which was right outside of the room via walkout patio. I don’t use the floor mounted hotel safes, not really as secure as they advertise and many tricks to open these are out there, instead I used one of these and a hidden inaccessible location in the room. Also doubled as secure storage while sleeping as my two kids were in the room with us and while I believe they understand not to touch a firearm it is a layer of peace of mind as well as security.

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    I have a couple of these, they have the tethered steel security cable as shown on other models also.

Came in handy over the last week as we were vacationing in Ocean City, MD. I carried everywhere except the only time not really possible was when we were at the hotel pool which was right outside of the room via walkout patio. I don’t use the floor mounted hotel safes, not really as secure as they advertise and many tricks to open these are out there, instead I used one of these and a hidden inaccessible location in the room. Also doubled as secure storage while sleeping as my two kids were in the room with us and while I believe they understand not to touch a firearm it is a layer of peace of mind as well as security.

I have yet to see any lockbox be as good as advertised.

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    I have a small, vehicle sized v-line Simplex pistol box. Highly recommend. No electronics to worry about. Just put it anywhere in your vehicle that is concealed.

Mule

Just Mule
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2013
    Ummm. I know it’s in a holster, but the gun is pointing at his grape…
    Oh, completely agree, and my post was 1000% facetious, as an example of someone solving a problem without thinking things through. (Also, unfortunately couldn't figure out how to get the laughing my ass off emoji)

I'd read your post, and thought to myself "hmm...although neck knife style holster would be a terrible idea, technically it shouldn't require the gun to be removed in the bathroom. But, nobody makes those, for multiple good reasons."

Just for kicks, I searched for "neck holster" to see if such a product even existed. There were more products than I expected. Thankfully, just about all of them oriented the gun with the barrel parallel to the floor.

But, scrolling down a ways, I eventually came across that gem. It's so horrifically awful that I figured I'd share, for a laugh.

There's so much wrong with that item that I'm genuinely interested in learning the use case(s) and needs that prompted its design.

Reloader

Ultimate Member
    Oct 23, 2007
    Arnold, MD
    Not a storage item but the wife just installed this in her Jeep. Pretty well made item.

Attachments

• 20220806_125938.jpg
      20220806_125938.jpg
      493.1 KB · Views: 104
    • 20220806_130451.jpg
      20220806_130451.jpg
      194.8 KB · Views: 111

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    I'm not telling anyone what to do. You do you.
    Have you ever been to Princeton, NJ? The whole town is a school zone. What do you do then? I know what I did.

I go by my almost 30 years experience carrying. Never has anyone noticed I was carrying and said anything. Never. As a cop sometimes I've open carried on the way to the office and stopped in places without a badge showing and not a peep from anyone.

My job was to carry in airports and on planes, everywhere around the world. Not one iota of anything from anyone who didn't know.
    Don't touch your hip and bring attention to yourself and you'll be fine.

Like Blaster, my experience is the same.
    Nobody knew, nobody cared.

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    MD law says it must me locked in vehicle.
    Show me the statute.

(PS: here it is- Sec. 11.04.07.12. Firearms and Fireworks)

The display or discharge of firearms, pellet guns, B-B guns, and fireworks of any kind is prohibited.

Last edited:

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Like Blaster, my experience is the same.
    Nobody knew, nobody cared.
    But that being said, the "No one noticing" did not contribute to me cutting corners on my carry techniques.
    I never saw something questionable with printing or whatever and said "no one will notice". Then walk out the door.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    I used to use a heavy-duty cable lock for the rare occasion I had to go into a bank, PO, etc.. Pass through the trigger guard and through the seat frame, slip the pistol into a case and slide it under the seat. Hidden and locked without leaving the drivers seat.
    I'm stealing that idea. I've been using steel vault with key and the vault cable locked to vehicle.
    Duh! Cut out the middleman.

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    But that being said, the "No one noticing" did not contribute to me cutting corners on my carry techniques.
    I never saw something questionable with printing or whatever and said "no one will notice". Then walk out the door.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
    Exactly!

My first LE instructors said that remaining the "gray man" was the gold standard for UC/plainclothes work, and off-duty carry. I maintained that throughout my various jobs and assignments, up to today. That's true for new armed citizens- nobody should know that they're armed, nobody should be aware that she or he is carrying a wheelgun or a semi-auto.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom