• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • G8tor

Nov 30, 2013
    Calvert County
    Anyone have one I can fondle and try before purchase?
    I don't have a pistol holster from them, but I bought one of their mag holsters and hated it. The metal clip has a slight lip that was always catching the waist of my pants as I tried to clip it on. I never use it. I use gunfighters Inc. holsters and haven't had any issues. Just one man's opinion.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    I am sure this is something very dependent on the user. I'm struggling where I even begin. I need somewhere with a table of Glock 19 holsters I can fondle til I find what I like. Next gun show maybe

DocPeanut

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 20, 2010
    This doesn’t really help but I carry a 43x in a vedder every day and it’s extremely comfortable. I carry at 3-4, too fat for appendix

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    Anyone have one I can fondle and try before purchase?
    I might have one you can have for free. I just moved. Let me see if I can find it in a box somewhere. I switched them out for the version with a streamlight. Let me take a look.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    This doesn’t really help but I carry a 43x in a vedder every day and it’s extremely comfortable. I carry at 3-4, too fat for appendix
    I started out with Vedder long ago. And have gone to this Desantis Slim Tuck. Hell, I don't think it's kydex, but just some type of plastic. But I like it because the material is paper thin and doesn't take up a lot of real estate.
    I'm tired of thick. You drop a pistol into a holster and thick kydex adds up. Then people add these wings and shit. It's getting ridiculous with all the add ons. Wedges too. Crazy.
    The plastic clip sucks, but I ordered a metal UTIL? Clip to try.
    I have 2, 1 for my 43x and for my 365x.
    01dfc235d454dd16fe8f68ae9d48031f.jpg

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I just got one to compare against the Comptac and Alien Gear.holsters I already have.

I love the single clip design and it's light years better quality than the Alien Gear.

DocPeanut

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 20, 2010
    I started out with Vedder long ago. And have gone to this Desantis Slim Tuck. Hell, I don't think it's kydex, but just some type of plastic. But I like it because the material is paper thin and doesn't take up a lot of real estate.
    I'm tired of thick. You drop a pistol into a holster and thick kydex adds up. Then people add these wings and shit. It's getting ridiculous with all the add ons. Wedges too. Crazy.
    The plastic clip sucks, but I ordered a metal UTIL? Clip to try.
    I have 2, 1 for my 43x and for my 365x.
    01dfc235d454dd16fe8f68ae9d48031f.jpg
    Well there goes some more of my money, lol. That looks good, I’m going to try it out

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Tried my best with a few pics.
    The rotating thingy on the clip strips because plastic.
    The other pics G code holster next to the slim tuck for my 365x and the 43x slim tuck and Vedder.
    ecc403d4e5aa799decc431434e8f4609.jpg
    393c0a36561cee2a41fb8665371db431.jpg
    3fff6f1154d113dfeb50082844aab2c9.jpg
    c9b930fdd008547f35526dd0c4963efe.jpg
    Is the Slim Tuk adjustable for cant and does it ride as sturdy as the Vedder? I carry at the same angle with Vedder as yours and find it the best balance of comfort and concealment.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Blaster I would think that plastic mechanism would only break if you were constantly adjusting it. Seems like this is something you'd set up once and leave alone?

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Is the Slim Tuk adjustable for cant and does it ride as sturdy as the Vedder? I carry at the same angle with Vedder as yours and find it the best balance of comfort and concealment.
    Yes it does. The thing is, again, plastic. I tuck it in and then I just roll the cant forward and forget about it.
    I can't wait to try this new metal clip on the way.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Blaster I would think that plastic mechanism would only break if you were constantly adjusting it. Seems like this is something you'd set up once and leave alone?
    That's the idea but plastic wears down.
    But don't overthink this stuff and carrying.
    You'll see on the 30th.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom