From the email:

1. 10 firearm lessons learned from an animal attack
    2. VCDL picnic in SW VA this weekend is CANCELLED
    3. Help Needed: Freedom Event in Spotsylvania on May 21
    4. Update on issue with Virginia State Forests signs/website
    5. [TX] Some malls have K9 patrols and other measures in place
    6. Help Needed: Salem gun show on May 20-21

1. 10 firearm lessons learned from an animal attack

It’s not just bears and large dogs that can seriously hurt or kill someone. When an attack starts, it’s too late to be looking for your gun. It needs to be on you and loaded.
    https://www.theorganicprepper.com/firearm-lessons/

2. VCDL picnic in SW VA this weekend is CANCELLED

The VCDL SW Virginia Pot-Luck picnic scheduled for this weekend (May 14), has been CANCELLED. No information yet on future picnics.

3. Help Needed: Freedom Event in Spotsylvania on May 21

VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
    VCDL will have a booth at the Unite for Freedom Fest event Saturday, May 21 at:
    Revatone Farm Weddings and Events
    10828 Catharpin Road
    Spotsylvania, VA 22553

The event is scheduled from noon-6pm. Check out the official Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/events/632455604496441/
    There will be vendors, crafts, live music, food trucks and speakers (VCDL’s president is one of the speakers).
    We are doing 2 shifts:
    Noon - 3pm and 3pm - 6pm
    Please feel free to contact Jamie Brannan, VCDL Gun Show Coordinator for Fredericksburg, if you have any questions or would like to be put on the schedule. gunshows.fredericksburg@vcdl.org

4. Update on issue with Virginia State Forests signs/website

I have a follow up call into the Virginia Department of Forestry on incorrect wording on signs at state forests and incorrect wording on the state forests website dealing with the lawful carry of firearms.
    Both wordings imply that only when hunting is it lawful to carry firearms in state forests, but that is NOT what the regulation says.
    I checked the state forests’ website today and it still has the old, incorrect wording on it.
    I have not heard back yet from my contact today, but I will let you know when I do.

5. [TX] Some malls have K9 patrols and other measures in place

From Texas member Charles P.:
    Regards the “Pup Patrol,” we have the same at many large shopping malls in the Lone Star State. And you can find them usually on weekends, but anytime is possible.
    The rovers aren’t search and retrieval, but fully trained canine patrol for explosives, gun powder etc. I suspect they’ll also pick up on Hoppes, but not sure.
    As an aside, our local double-decker mall is implementing strict juvenile entrance requirements this month through September.
    Off-duty police will be stationed at all entrances and if someone is under 18, they MUST have a parent with them.
    They will check ID if the person appears to be underage. No ID or confirmed parent - no entry.
    Yes, Pup Patrol is part and parcel.
    These measures are being taken due to increasing teen group violence inside the mall. Two events in April involved up to a dozen 13 to 18-year-olds swinging away on each other and any person unlucky enough to be near them.
    While guns were reportedly present both times, due to the pack scrambling away when law enforcement arrived, the police have not confirmed any.
    During the second event several shoppers were beaten hard enough to require ER care. [PVC: And that would be enough in most states to authorize the use of deadly force to protect oneself.]

6. Help Needed: Salem gun show on May 20-21

Salem gun show May 21 to 22
    VCDL member helpers needed!
    Saturday: 8 am--12:30 pm; 12:30 pm--5 pm
    Sunday: 9 am--1 pm; 1 pm--5 pm

Five volunteers per shift, if possible
    RSVP to: AL@VCDL.ORG to reserve your shift !

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom