• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ampdog

Feb 25, 2009
    I have an old shotgun I got from my grandfather. Imported by FIREARMS INTERNATIONAL CORPORATION of DC from France. It's called a "La Salle", it's engraved and has a 30" barrel, I think it was manufactured in the 50's.

A friend is asking me about buying it, any ideas on what the value might be?

Semper Noctem

Desk Rabbit
    Aug 9, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    I have an old shotgun I got from my grandfather. Imported by FIREARMS INTERNATIONAL CORPORATION of DC from France. It's called a "La Salle", it's engraved and has a 30" barrel, I think it was manufactured in the 50's.

:needpics:

Redcobra

Senior Shooter
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 10, 2010
    Near the Chesapeake Bay

Single barrel,Over/under, SxS, barrel length, condition.
    Oops.. Semper Noctem said it..

blackthorne

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 31, 2010
    Naptown
    If you send me some (clear) pictures and include the proof marks stamped on the water table I can help you with that. Sounds like older than the '50s, hardware store gun maybe.

Cochise

Ultimate Member
    Sep 5, 2008
    Rockville
    Firearms International was on 14th St, NW in the late 50's and into the 60's. I think they were killed by the firearms act of 1968 along with a lot of other companies.
    They were an importer bringing in Astra and other inexpensive handguns along with some rifles and shotguns.
    I dont think they did any high end stuff but what i have seen was all good quality.

boss66tcode

a bit of an Eddie Haskle
    Sep 8, 2008
    in 'da hills
    Firearms International was on 14th St, NW in the late 50's and into the 60's. I think they were killed by the firearms act of 1968 along with a lot of other companies.
    They were an importer bringing in Astra and other inexpensive handguns along with some rifles and shotguns.
    I dont think they did any high end stuff but what i have seen was all good quality.

I am amazed at the idea of a firearms manufacturer/distributor in DC. O How the times have changed.

blackthorne

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 31, 2010
    Naptown
    Does ask this forum a question like this.... The low ballers will squeak out of the wood work.

Then again, lots of people with a $200 gun think it's worth four times as much for either emotional reasons or due to a lack of knowledge, usually the latter. I would suggest to anyone selling a gun to take it to a reputable dealer or collector and have it appraised before trying to sell. That way there will be no surprises and no need to think or declare you are being low balled, thereby announcing your lack of knowledge.

There are lots of good solid and sometimes minty guns out there. There are also a lot of parts guns and guns that need so much restoration work as to render them to have little value. It's amazing that so many people can't tell the difference between the two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    partyboytowsonhigh1956

Latest threads

Top Bottom