• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trekker

Oct 20, 2011
    Harford County
    I have not had a chance yet to visit the Baltimore antique arms show, not do I frequent the right kind of auctions.

With a recent antique auction (with no other militaria) there were a pair of 1913 Patton sabers (no sheaths), and I was wondering how pricing on them currently stands. The blades are certainly not pristine, given patina and perhaps light surface rust mostly on the top third if the length, though no apparent pitting or chips.

The auction did not reach the $800 reserve and did not sell, and are being offered in a post-auction sale.

metalman3006

Gun Hoarder
    Sep 6, 2007
    Church Hill, MD
    One recently did not sell for $465 in about the condition you stated on ebay. Seams like you can find decent ones with scabbards for around $700 to $900 if you look hard enough.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    I've had one on my list for a while, just haven't found the right one at the right price. Yep, they are running about $450 without a scabbard to about 900 with and in good condition.

As a formerly ranked saber fencer, I really want one of these. The then Lt. Patton had a great design.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom