• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I had a Va Non Res way back in the day (back when it first became the only way to carry in WV .

Back when the raised the Non Res renewal to $100 ( long enough ago that $100 was still serious money ) , I took a careful look , and at the time , every place Va was Recognized , also recognized Utah .

Ironically , with Va now a deep purple , and powerful political forces prioritizing rolling Reciprosity back even farther , I'll probably get another one again before the big rush starts .
    Thankfully, DubVee rediscovered the COTUS.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Not all at once , multiple baby steps .

West Virginia was actually anti gun , or at least anti Bear from early 20th Century until the Shall Issue Revolution .

Read up about the open warfare in 1910's and 20's in the * Mine Wars * .The state restricted being armed , to eliminate bands of armed strikers , and to greatly reduce the private armies of the mine owners .

For most of the time . in most of the State was selectively enforced against Union Organisers and Business Agents . Was frequently ignored for non political , everyday ridge runners .

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    But on topic .

First WV was Shall Issue for Residents only . Then they added specifically Pemits issued by Virginia and Kentucky only , and Kentucky then didn't issue to non residents . ( But was permissive about non Permit carry .)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom