• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Get your HAM license.

Just did that this past weekend! Mind you, the moment that some percentage of HAMs are perceived as being Eeeeevil Liberty-Minded Rebels who don't toe the line in a place like VA, you'll see attempts at legislation that talks about High Capacity Transmitters in exactly the same way that they talk about High Capacity Magazines. This is what so many people fail to understand. This crap isn't about guns or the 2A. It's about liberty. They hate it, and we on the 2A side of things are just the initial low hanging fruit in their broader agenda against it.

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    Going back to the internet/phone/power shut off angle.......

Even if this is just one dudes fiction to drive clicks or profit......this goes back to the whiskey warrior incident up in New York. What happened?

The call went out and people showed up.

You think that went unnoticed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    There'a a lot of unfounded hyperbole flying around. The problematic bills haven't even been drafted into their final form, and yet somehow people think the VA Gov is already planning some sort of counterinsurgency campaign to enforce them? Lots of folks reading too much fiction and being unable to separate it from fact.

Well, it's hard to deny they've made their intentions known. It would be folly not to not take them seriously.

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    Going back to the internet/phone/power shut off angle.......

What about people with cell access? They shut down the towers?

Illegally search personal billing records and shut down their accounts? Kinda curious how much power they are willing to use.

What about....:innocent0

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Has anyone seen the "shutting off the internet" thing from anywhere other than Hal "FBI Informant" Turner?

That's the only so called news source I've seen it from other than repeating it over and over on forums.

Boy... if they shut down the internet, those contraband Baofang radios might come in handy. Wish I had bought a half dozen or so when I had the chance :D

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I am not sure I’d agree. The dems will dial back a little from the extreme, to Maryland level. Then say, see, we match Maryland, it’s fine. MAryland thought it reAsonable, and the court upheld. It’s good for Virginia too.

So it then comes to how ?gullible? VA folks are, or if they buy the tone down. We’ll find out if you’re correct.

I overheard one WTOP talking head assert that the proposed VA laws were clones of FSA 2013.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Terestrial radio, support it. Printed newspapers and magazines, support them.

Get your HAM license.

In the event of widespread civil unrest what good do you think a license will do for you? Besides making it easier to triangulate your position, that is...

And to everyone here:

Do you think that the newly-paid off MGA leadership is watching the whole VA 2A Sanctuary movement closely to gauge the possible reaction to draconian new laws here in MD? I've heard that Bloomberg & Co. have a fistful just waiting to be prefiled.

...This is what so many people fail to understand. This crap isn't about guns or the 2A. It's about liberty. They hate it, and we on the 2A side of things are just the initial low hanging fruit in their broader agenda against it.

Hit the nail right on the head!

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Allen, I agree there is a lot of hyperbole about reaction to the laws. but there is no hyperbole about what will be passed. Bloomberg spent more per capita in Virginia than any state and there is no doubt Draconian gun control will be passed there. Which Democrats in the state legislature are against red flag, "large capacity bans," AR-bans etc?

Yup. The bills in any form are awful. I was just referring to 2A supporters who are all of a sudden claim to be seeing black helicopters everywhere. The antis already believe anyone who wants to own a firearm is crazy. We don't need to help them demonstrate that with paranoid psychoses, or even just paranoid-sounding trolling.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    Yup. The bills in any form are awful. I was just referring to 2A supporters who are all of a sudden claim to be seeing black helicopters everywhere. The antis already believe anyone who wants to own a firearm is crazy. We don't need to help them demonstrate that with paranoid psychoses, or even just paranoid-sounding trolling.

They are the ones scared for once, good, I hope it assists them in leaving people that aren't bothering anyone, the **** alone.

I think they're batshit crazy, I could care less what they think of me but I know they think the same of me. At this point, it seems folks are getting tired of being forced into corners in the name of social justice and the actions of a select few bad guys.

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    Maybe Virginia needs a civil war. Let all the counties except Northern VA secede.Then Northern VA can become a state and include DC, Montgomery and PG counties :shrug:

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    We don't need another Dem state. Let NoVa and DC join Maryland.

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    In the event of widespread civil unrest what good do you think a license will do for you? Besides making it easier to triangulate your position, that is...

And to everyone here:

Do you think that the newly-paid off MGA leadership is watching the whole VA 2A Sanctuary movement closely to gauge the possible reaction to draconian new laws here in MD? I've heard that Bloomberg & Co. have a fistful just waiting to be prefiled.

Hit the nail right on the head!

The HAM license will give you some basic skills and understanding beyond just turning the radio on and pressing the talk button.

They can only triangulate while you are pressing the talk button.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    The HAM license will give you some basic skills and understanding beyond just turning the radio on and pressing the talk button.

They can only triangulate while you are pressing the talk button.

And that's assuming you abide by the law and transmit w/ your FCC call sign and are stationary, while using an omni-directional antenna and enough power to be "heard" with them in receive range.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com...sheriffs-citizens-from-unconstitutional-laws/

Excerpt said:
    Virginia – Earlier in the week, we reported on how lawmakers over in Virginia were threatening to use the National Guard if members of local law enforcement refused to enforce laws passed in the state that they felt violated the second amendment.

Well, looks like Tazewell County isn’t going down without a fight. On top of calling themselves a second amendment sanctuary county, they’re also crafting a militia as well. The Virginia county has taken the movement that has swept across the state and added an element that is sure to trigger pro gun-grabbing politicians in the state.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom