• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    The paperwork arrived in the mail today and I can start scheduling Utah non-resident classes for residents of the Upper Eastern Shore area.

Per Utah policy described in the instructor class, if you have taken other state's required training, you only need the Utah law portion and not a full class the way it is normally given. I will be giving the Utah class 3 ways, full for people with NO previous formal training, combined with HQL or Wear and Carry and abbreviated Utah law only for MD HQL and W&C holders.

Thankfully, my assistants (who are certified NRA Range Safety Officers, not just random friends helping out) have experience doing fingerprints and taking, sizing and printing out passport type pictures (which are required with the Utah non-resident application). When you take a Utah class with us, we will do your fingerprint card, printed out photo and assist with filling out the application itself.

Utah instructor smudged shrunk .jpg

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    My overhead for giving this class is embarrassingly steep, I wish I could charge less, but I have to charge $100 per student. It may turn out that the combined W&C + Utah would be less than $100 extra over the W&C, but I won't know for a while.

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    The paperwork arrived in the mail today and I can start scheduling Utah non-resident classes for residents of the Upper Eastern Shore area.

Per Utah policy described in the instructor class, if you have taken other state's required training, you only need the Utah law portion and not a full class the way it is normally given. I will be giving the Utah class 3 ways, full for people with NO previous formal training, combined with HQL or Wear and Carry and abbreviated Utah law only for MD HQL and W&C holders.

Thankfully, my assistants (who are certified NRA Range Safety Officers, not just random friends helping out) have experience doing fingerprints and taking, sizing and printing out passport type pictures (which are required with the Utah non-resident application). When you take a Utah class with us, we will do your fingerprint card, printed out photo and assist with filling out the application itself.

View attachment 401737
    I assume you still need to go to Utah to get the instructor certification?

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Yep, I was the third student to sign up for the class in January ;)

Of the 80 instructor candidates there that day, at least 20 were from MD. The whole row behind me and about half of the row in front of me were from Baltimore alone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom