• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ASTC

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    The UTAH CFP is a five-year permit recognized in 36 States (32 for non-residents) and is available to out-of-state residents who complete a four (4) hour class and submit their application by mail to the Utah Bureau of Criminal Identification. Requirements are:

1. You must be 21 years of age or older
    2. No criminal record or recent conviction for alcohol related incidents.
    3. Legally able to purchase a firearm under current Federal Laws

At the present time the following States recognize the Utah Concealed Firearms Permit:

Alabama Alaska Colorado Florida Iowa Kansas
    Georgia Louisiana Mississippi New Hampshire Wyoming
    N. Carolina N. Dakota Ohio S. Dakota Vermont
    Texas Virginia Washington West Virginia Tennessee
    Arizona Arkansas Delaware Idaho Pennsylvania
    Indiana Kentucky Michigan Minnesota Oklahoma
    Missouri Montana Nebraska Wisconsin Utah

Class will be held at the Md. Small Arms Range. Call 301/599-0800 for information or reservations. "Walk-In's" seated after those with reservations if space is available. Fee includes the application form, certification and fingerprinting.

Last edited:

mrjam2jab

Jul 23, 2010
    Levittown, PA
    At the present time the following States recognize the Utah Concealed Firearms Permit:

Alabama Alaska Colorado Florida Iowa Kansas
    Georgia Louisiana Mississippi New Hampshire Wyoming
    N. Carolina N. Dakota Ohio S. Dakota Vermont
    Texas Virginia Washington W. Virginia Tennessee
    Arizona Arkansas Delaware Idaho Pennsylvania
    Indiana Kentucky Michigan Minnesota Oklahoma
    Missouri Montana Nebraska Wisconsin Utah

Red are the states that only recognize resident permits.

Maine is the 5th and final one, but they aren't on that list anyway.

TheWhiteBuffalo

Not Impressed
    Dec 26, 2012
    Hughesville, MD
    Does this include the passport photo?

Students are responsible for photos and mailing the application which does not have to be notarized. Several photo options are discussed in the class. Several people suggested Costco or CVS for the passport type of photos. A member here on MDS also advised that AAA locations (such as Brandywine) will handle the photo for you at no charge if you are a member.

bilbravo

Apr 30, 2013
    Baltimore (District 46)
    Wasn't WV on this before? It looks like they have full reciprocity still, but you must have a WV CHL as well? That doesn't make sense.

At any rate, can a non-resident get a concealed license for WV?

ASTC

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Wasn't WV on this before? It looks like they have full reciprocity still, but you must have a WV CHL as well? That doesn't make sense.

At any rate, can a non-resident get a concealed license for WV?

West Virginia was inadvertently left off of the list shown on this thread. Thanks for catching the error. West Virginia does recognize the Utah CFP for non-residents, but requires residents of WV to have the WV permit in order to carry concealed in WV. More info at:

http://www.wvago.gov/gunrecep.cfm?state=NM#guntitle

bilbravo

Apr 30, 2013
    Baltimore (District 46)
    West Virginia was inadvertently left off of the list shown on this thread. Thanks for catching the error. West Virginia does recognize the Utah CFP for non-residents, but requires residents of WV to have the WV permit in order to carry concealed in WV. More info at:

http://www.wvago.gov/gunrecep.cfm?state=NM#guntitle

No problem. I noticed because I am planning to take the Utah and my main reason is because we visit WV often. Glad to know I will be able to exercise my rights there!

Dan_G

Feb 20, 2013
    Frederick ,MD
    I went today with Ken. Mo kept the class interesting, it really didnt seem as long as it was. Hopefully sending everything in Monday.

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    Students are responsible for photos and mailing the application which does not have to be notarized. Several photo options are discussed in the class. Several people suggested Costco or CVS for the passport type of photos. A member here on MDS also advised that AAA locations (such as Brandywine) will handle the photo for you at no charge if you are a member.

Most kinko's will do as well.

mrjam2jab

Jul 23, 2010
    Levittown, PA

I just noticed this evening in my local Walmart...they do passport photos...2 for $7.44. Cheaper than i've seen at CVS and Walgreens, each at $12.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom