USPSA Shooting Buddy Needed (Glen Burnie)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Xshot

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 14, 2013
    Pasadena, MD
    Pretty sure its going to be cold next weekend too. I signed up hopefully the members are staying away and I get in.

Can't be colder than this weekend. It'll be around 15 at the start of the match tomorrow.

I'm not a member and have never been bumped out of a match.

MD_3%er

Jul 3, 2011
    Nottingham, MD
    I am in Pasadena and travel all over for matches (USPSA, IDPA, 3gun). If you want we can meet up and have lunch and discuss what matches and stuff. A group of friends and I have a small team we go by, D3 Tactical.

Interested in learning more about getting into these as well. Any suggestions on where to start?

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I shot that match earlier this year. I am equidistant to that range and Peacemaker. It takes me an hour and a half to get to either. I'll be shooting it again this year though. Love that one.

Peacemaker is about 1.5 hours from me. Quantico is 20 minutes from me. I'm going to try to drop by tomorrow or Sunday and see if I can get on the base with my current ID. They run a monthly USPSA and Steel Challenge match.

snyperdave

Oct 30, 2012
    Pasadena, MD
    Interested in learning more about getting into these as well. Any suggestions on where to start?

Best thing to do is come out and watch a match and see what it like and get to know people. Everyone will answer any questions you have at the time.

As far as where to go from your area, West Shore Practical Shooters in PA (about an hour 10 minutes from Nottingham) and Sanners Lake Sports man club in Lexington Park, MD (2 hour drive).

As long as your safe you can walk the course and shoot and get used to it and pick up the pace as you get comfortable with it and learn the rules.

I can shoot this weekend at Freestate right by the White Marsh Mall.

Guderian

Mar 31, 2011
    I can do a Saturday meetup for this weekend. I'm currently pondering going to the USPSA match at New Holland Practical Shooters in PA on Sunday morning approximately 140 miles. I have already registered but I'm holding to see what the weather is going to be. I'm not big into 3 gun but I do shoot IDPA and USPSA and steel I'm also a certified USPSA RO Lvl 1 and have worked the Alabama Sectional for the past 3 or 4 years and FL State Championship in 2015.

I have a gun for SS, Revo, Production if you need to use one at a match ammo is on you. They are easy games to learn except IDPA IMO to many Personal Opinions to be had by SO on what cover is and on and on I shoot it just to shoot lol.

Anyone wants to check my info on USPSA its A73735

New Holland's match has been cancelled this weekend. It was announced on their New Holland Practical Shooters Facebook page (for future reference).

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    Peacemaker is about 1.5 hours from me. Quantico is 20 minutes from me. I'm going to try to drop by tomorrow or Sunday and see if I can get on the base with my current ID. They run a monthly USPSA and Steel Challenge match.

quantico is having a uspsa match sunday. i'd love to go but 27 degrees is a bit chilly for me. they had some paperwork we had to fill out to get base access. sometimes they run my drivers license at the gate, sometimes they don't.

Guderian

Mar 31, 2011
    I'm also looking for a club that I can shoot outside in a bay style format and setup my own practice drills and steel.

You can do that at York IWLA, West Shore Sportsmen Club and New Holland Rifle and Pistol Club.

A couple caveats though:

At York, to gain access to back pits you need to volunteer 18 hours as well as take an orientation and pass an annual test. Otherwise, you'll most likely only have access to front pits, and only 1-2 bays are suitable for what you want to do. The third range is the rifle range. Plus the front pits are more crowded since access to the back pits is regulated. There are 4 pits in back.

At West Shore, targets can only be placed along back berm, but personal steel targets are allowed, provided they are of a kind that is approved.

At New Holland, there is not a rule that I am aware of that restricts where you place your targets. It just has to be safe. In addition, personal steel is allowed if approved. The only downside for me is that the range is 1.5 hours away. Also, membership has been capped for several years.

Hope this helps. There could be other ranges that meet your needs, but I'm only aware of the ones mentioned above.

pauln

WECSOG Alumnus
    Mar 2, 2007
    Harford Co.

In addition to the monthly 3-gun matches, the York IWLA also has Fun Shoots on the 4th Saturday of each month. They'll probably start again in February or March depending on the weather. The Fun Shoots are a great way to get started without the pressure of an actual match.
    There is more information in this thread from last year https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=190017 and on the blog https://yorkpistol.blogspot.com/

deerassassin22

Apr 12, 2016
    Littlestown, PA
    I got an email they canceled the match at New Holland since I was registered (Sad Face). And I wanted to shoot this AM but that cold and snow not happening. I hope next weekend is better.

magnetic1

Jun 21, 2013
    Montgomery County
    Quantico is 20 minutes from me. I'm going to try to drop by tomorrow or Sunday and see if I can get on the base with my current ID. They run a monthly USPSA and Steel Challenge match.

Anyone have any idea how long it takes or if they notify you after you submit all their paperwork for the vetting process to get on base?

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    Anyone have any idea how long it takes or if they notify you after you submit all their paperwork for the vetting process to get on base?

iirc it was supposed to take a few days, and no news was good news. i'm not on facebook but look for quantico shooting club's facebook pg where i think that is spelled out and what to submit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom