• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • justeric

Apr 6, 2010
    I’m looking for suggestions on equipment to buy for competing in USPSA and IDAP matches. I have a Glock 22 along with a couple magazines. I think I will need at least one holster, magazine holders, extra magazines and a belt. Any suggestions on specific brands and model numbers?

Thanks!
    Eric

EurAzn12

Mar 29, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    For IDPA: http://www.blade-tech.com/Pro-Series-IDPA-PAK-pr-1093.html

add another double mag holster for USPSA and buy a couple more magazines. 4-5 should be sufficient.

I personally like the Viking Tactics Cobra belt, it's super stiff and I like how the buckle works. For starters any leather belt stiff enough to hold the weapon and holsters will do though.

Any type of riggers belt work too: http://www.lapolicegear.com/belts.html

Just be sure not to get too large a size according to the rulebooks. If you're getting in to IDPA, be sure to read through the rulebook. It'll help keep you from getting burned.

http://www.idpa.com/Documents/IDPARuleBook2005.pdf
    http://www.uspsa.org/rules/2010HandgunRulesProof3web.pdf

Good luck and best wishes! Both disciplines are great!

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    a good stiff leather belt will do you for idpa and also uspsa. most of the uspsa guys run double belts, inner velcro belt and outer velcro belt that, you get it, velcro together. easy to keep the holster and mag holders on the outer belt.

bladetech and comptac are the two most popular holster mfg's.

i wouldn't go out and buy too much stuff. just do a few matches to get a feel for what is working and what may need an upgrade, talking with other fellow shooters and seeing what works for them.

Jackson923

Hell Yeah!
    Jan 25, 2008
    Harford Co
    I went with a Blackhawk belt that I picked up from Brownells, made my own mag holders out of Kydex with Tech-Loks so I could position or angle them the way I wanted and have California Comp Works shotgun caddy's, made my own AR mag holder from Kydex as well because I'm left handed and they only make cool stuff for right handed turds as of right now.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I shot my first match in 2009. I used a cheap Tagua 1911 leather holster, and a cheap nylon double mag holster. A $40 Bianchi duty leather belt and I was set! I've since "upgraded" my holsters and magazine holders to Kydex. The only leather accessories I have now are my belts and my speed loader holders since I can't wrap my head around plastic ones.

BigW

Tactical Geek
    Mar 19, 2012
    Bowie, MD
    I've used a Safariland kydex holster, Fobus double mag holder, and a 5.11 tactical operator belt for a couple of matches and they have worked very well IMHO. None of them are very expensive. ~$45 for holster, ~$25 for magazine holder, and ~$40 for belt. All bought through amazon including shipping

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    My XDm came with a holster and double mag pouch and it's been fine for IDPA. I was using an old leather belt for the last year and it did ok. I got an Uncle Mike's Instructors Belt and it is an improvement.

Actually, I have two Uncle Mike's belts...my waist is 37 and my choices were 32"-36" or 38"-42". I went with the 32"-36" thinking 1" won't matter, but it did. I got the 38"-42" and it even though it is too big it does work. So, OP, I have a belt for sale cheap if you are a 32"-36" guy.

I'm going to get another double mag pouch since I'm now shooting USPSA, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom