• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    I see Double Alpha now makes a left-handed version of the Race Master Holster. Anyone have any experience with them that can chime in?

DARMHL.jpg

http://www.speedshooter.com/product...ouble-Alpha-Race-Master-Holster-Left-Hand.cfm

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    comp tac.. :) same i use for idpa..

not good enough to spend on fancy speed holster..

I shot USPSA this past weekend, and noticed that I'm a lot slower on the draw from my Bladetech than others using speed holsters (or at least it felt that way.) Came in 7th and missed 6th by not that much. I never considered myself good enough for a fancy holster, but it could have made the difference (the cash prize was the same, though. $0. :D )

Besides, as you improve, you should move to gear that will make you faster, even if you can't take full advantage of it at the moment.

ETA: Final scores reported to USPSA put me in 6th place.

Last edited:

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    I shot USPSA this past weekend, and noticed that I'm a lot slower on the draw from my Bladetech than others using speed holsters. Came in 7th and missed 6th by 35/100ths of a second. I never considered myself good enough for a fancy holster, but it could have made the difference (the cash prize was the same, though. :D )

:lol:

7th?!? i'll be happy if i come to second to last.. :lol2:

im lacking on speed.. maybe someday. :o

your bladetech.. you can probably do an fbi angle (slightly forward instead of straight up)... it may help or it may not.

sundaeman

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 16, 2008
    Haven't shot a match in ages, but a C&R Speed or a Fobus for production.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    for the most part, i use bladetech with drop and offset for uspsa production, L-10, Limited and single stack. i'm also not good enough to buy a 'better' holster for ltd and l-10, though i do have one for my open gun (though i'm not good enough for that one either, but what the heck).

just consider you only draw once a stage. saving a little time on each shot, each target, each array, moving, etc will pay larger dividends, but certainly every little bit helps.

Bigpops

Open Shooters Unite!!
    Sep 30, 2010
    SoMd.
    Ben - Its hard to beat a CR Speed holster. I have tried them all and continue to come back to the CR.

The RM has some neat features but for me - my right index finger knuckle continued to hit the holster leading edge. Now, I do have big hands so that was part of the problem. The RM does have a very "slick" feel and allows for a very smooth draw. The lock is spot on too.

The RM is like the Ghost with improvements. The Ghost will allow the gun to rock which will effect your draw (or miss-draw).

All in all, the CR Speed allows for a very stable platform, provides a consistant and firm mounting point and has a good locking device.

I recently recieved a Safariland 014. Very solid holster! But....need to play with it more.

Steve

dghboy315

Dave Luu
    Mar 5, 2012
    Rockville, MD
    Bladetech, but I took off the dropped and offset part because I like to have the gun more stable and sit closer to the body. I haven't been happy with the retention, however. It's fine for uspsa but not enough for 3 gun. I'm going to try a ALS concealment holster from Safariland.

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    Bladetech, but I took off the dropped and offset part because I like to have the gun more stable and sit closer to the body. I haven't been happy with the retention, however. It's fine for uspsa but not enough for 3 gun. I'm going to try a ALS concealment holster from Safariland.

I'm using a bladetech DOH now; for 3 gun it's great but for USPSA pistol, the draw is a little slow.

Blazin

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2008
    Leonardtown, MD
    I just went from a Safariland 013 to a Comp Tac International and draw times appear unchanged. That said I'd choose a 014 if I were trying to be super competitive. I never liked the way the draw felt from a CR Speed.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Is the CR speed legal in Tactical? I did not think true race holsters were legal in anything but open class in 3-gun. I have both a CR Speed A and a World Class but use them both in USPSA, one in Open and one in Limited. I use a Bladetech in 3-gun Tac Optics. Draw is not as big a deal in 3-gun as it is in USPSA from my limited experience, its just not as big a part of the time equation.

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    Is the CR speed legal in Tactical? I did not think true race holsters were legal in anything but open class in 3-gun. I have both a CR Speed A and a World Class but use them both in USPSA, one in Open and one in Limited. I use a Bladetech in 3-gun Tac Optics. Draw is not as big a deal in 3-gun as it is in USPSA from my limited experience, its just not as big a part of the time equation.

Yeah, I use a DOH for 3 gun, too. I was looking for something for USPSA Limited.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    fnh 3gun rules:

5.2 Open division
    5.2.1 Handgun holsters must safely retain the handgun during vigorous movement.

5.3 Tactical Scope division
    5.3.2 Handgun holsters must be a practical/tactical carry style and must safely retain the handgun during vigorous movement. The holster material must completely cover the trigger on all semiautomatic pistols.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom