• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 10mmAuto

Feb 22, 2013
    Now would be a good time to evaluate a start-up of a carrier much the way Gunbroker.com evolved from Ebay refusing to allow Firearms on it's service3.

Exactly right ... same way there are numerous online pay services since PayPal banned firearm-related transactions. Nature loves a vacuum -- some "thing" will fill the void, to the better.

GunBum

Feb 21, 2018
    SW Missouri
    I've always just labeled the contents as "Engineered machined parts"
    I can do better. I don’t label the outside of the box. It’s none of their business what is in the box as long as there is no hazmat.

And when asked, I tell them it is adult sex toys. That usually ends the line of questioning.

hobiecat590

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2016
    No Problem, insist that they use FedEx. DHL is UPS owned, now, but maybe they're not "WOKE"... yet.
    I'm pretty sure FedEx Ground bought DHL Ground which is why FedEx ground tracking and delivery has sucked for the past few years. FedEx overnight and tracking is still pretty reliable but the ground service is so bad, I won't use them given a choice.

Before this latest UPS woke crap, they were my prefered delivery service. I predict the blow back on this will be epic.

10mmAuto

Feb 22, 2013
    I can do better. I don’t label the outside of the box. It’s none of their business what is in the box as long as there is no hazmat.

And when asked, I tell them it is adult sex toys. That usually ends the line of questioning.
    LOL -- perfect ... And you are right, it's no one's business what you or I are mailing/shipping. We are paying them to ship, not to pry into our personal business ...

When we used to ship our Homebrew to the AHA for the annual beer competitions, we'd label the contents "Yeast -- Liquid Medium"

Last edited:

wb3jma

Nov 15, 2020
    Belcamp, MD Harford County
    But doesn't govt subsidize part of health insurance. I am of the mindset you let the market make the correction to UPS not govt.
    This mindset is out of step with reality like the free traders who allowed our manufacturing jobs to go over seas, while nations which did all they could to subsidize and restrict imports sucked it up while we gave it away because free trade like pacifism only works when when both sides are peaceful and the playing field is level.

Multi-national conglomerates that have monopolized certain sections of the economy have a too big to fail mentality alongside a political agenda that allows them to ignore market forces for the most part especially with what little competition they have shares the same political world view and tends to follow along, so short of collapse there will not be a market correction in the free trade sense of the term. They will suck up losses and feel more emboldened to act further.

Finally please do not try and shrug it off as political intimidation by 5 senators, there are 100 of them and there is a reset due come midterms, they are doing this because they agree with the 5 senators and this provides them with political cover.

Last edited:

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE

Five anti-gun Senators blame UPS and other carriers for ‘epidemic of gun violence’​

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    While I agree the evidence behind this is scarce, one thing is for sure, it's caused a firestorm of bad publicity for UPS.

The one fact I can't get past is if this is rumor, a molehill, etc. Where are the vehement denials from Buster Brown to quash the firestorm ??? That's right, Crickets!!!

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    I's say this is a huge infringment of all civil rights.

Five Democratic Senators recently sent ominous letters to United Parcel Service and 27 other carriers, blaming them for escalating violent crime rates.

“We are concerned that lax shipping security measures are contributing to the epidemic of gun violence in this country by allowing criminals to use stolen firearms to commit crimes,” the letters each state.

They were signed by Senators Edward Markey (D-Mass.), Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.), Cory A. Booker (D-N.J.), Christopher S. Murphy (D-Conn.) and Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.).

In their letters, the Senators peppered the shippers with 20 questions and document requests, including:

• The number of firearms the carriers have shipped during the last five years.
    • Policies the carriers have in place to secure firearm shipments and prevent loss and theft.
    • How the carriers define firearms.
    • Whether imitation firearms, frames, receivers, ammunition, and silencers are included in this definition.
    • Records the firms keep and maintain about lost or stolen shipments.
    • Records the firms keep and maintain regarding packages containing firearms.
    The letters were sent May 19 to UPS, FedEx, the U.S. Postal Service and trucking and rail carriers located in the United States and Canada.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    While I agree the evidence behind this is scarce, one thing is for sure, it's caused a firestorm of bad publicity for UPS.
    Hopefully the lesson being driven home over the past few years for all corporations is "There is no business advantage in to getting involved in politics, especially those surrounding hot-button issues."

Running the business should center around just three things:
    1. Provide the quality and quantity of products and services your customers want, at a mutually acceptable price.
    2. Do #1 so as to provide long-term profit to your owners/stockholders.
    3. Don't violate laws or regulations in the process of conducting #1 because it has an impact on #2.

Providing benefit to the communities you're doing business in isn't a bad thing, but it needs to have a business purpose like improving conditions to conduct business in and building goodwill to reduce friction with communities and government. Sticking your nose in something not directly business related that is guaranteed to alienate even 1/3 of your customers or stockholders is just bad business.

Last edited:

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Hopefully the lesson being driven home over the past few years for all corporations is "There is no business advantage in to getting involved in politics, especially those surrounding hot-button issues."

Running the business should center around just three things:
    1. Provide the quality and quantity of products and services your customers want, at a mutually acceptable price.
    2. Do #1 so as to provide long-term profit to your owners/stockholders.
    3. Don't violate laws or regulations in the process of conducting #1 because it has an impact on #2.

Providing benefit to the communities you're doing business in isn't a bad thing, but it needs to have a business purpose like improving conditions to conduct business in and building goodwill to reduce friction with communities and government. Sticking your nose in something not directly business related that is guaranteed to alienate even 1/3 of your customers or stockholders is just bad business.
    Fiduciary responsibility is a thing…err, was a thing.

Woke equals broke takes a minute.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    UPS driver just left and I was surprised to find amongst the boxes the score of MagPul Gen2 30-rdrs PSA blitzed for $8/@ last week … guess UPS hasn‘t fvcked PSA over yet* (which surprises me)

Also just got an alert from FedEX my second orider of 10,000 rds of 9mm ball from Bereli ($309/1,000!!!) arrives tomorrow - “NO SIGNATURE REQUIRED!”

Scratchin’ my head but, smiling harder!

* - if UPS is smart they will use the DemonRats‘ attempts at headline terrorism right back against the DemonRats and simply go right back to business as usual, shortly after any time the DemonRats pull this stunt … alas, my UPS driver advises me I’m giving corporate too much credit for having brains … or balls ….

Attachments

• EB3F5007-C281-4C1B-9941-BE7A5347C8BC.jpeg
      EB3F5007-C281-4C1B-9941-BE7A5347C8BC.jpeg
      120.7 KB · Views: 58

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads