• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    Uhm...

In a letter sent to one Florida gun dealer, Ghost Firearms, UPS said they were terminating the account because they “may be violating” laws
    So ONE dealer gets a letter because UPS doesn't want to aid in breaking any laws, and all of the sudden "UPS is going to destroy any order from any gun dealer"? Sometimes we're our own worst enemy

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    At this rate, there's going to be money in a firearms courier delivery service.

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    My cousin is an/the assistant chief 747 pilot for UPS. Who would have thunk that he could have been identified as a huge ammo consumer in Seattle and then a hatter of guns latter in life. You can address him as LtCol Pilot, USMCR (ret).

Texasgrillchef

Oct 29, 2021
    Dallas, texas
    Use Fed Ex, while USPS can be used for shipping some things, some things are not allowed with USPS, so use Fed Ex instead.

Not going to mention who, but some are using a different name so shippers won’t know exactly what kind of company they are. Some are shipping from ”personal” people and not having the shipper do pickups.

however best bet is to use Fed ex.

Texasgrillchef

Oct 29, 2021
    Dallas, texas
    FedEx is an option for parts and accessories, but not for firearms unless you 1) have an FFL, and 2) ship more than $100k with them annually (that is a requirement for their Firearms Shipping Compliance Agreement).

Not so…

I have shipped several firearms for “upgrades” in the last year with no issues. In both directions. Neither company has @ $100,000 contract. I paid for shipping for both ways. I packed the firearms and shipped them no issues.

I have received parts, ammunition, ammunition parts, etc… from Fed ex for quite a while now.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    It's not just one dealer that got a letter from UPS. Brownells got it too but they pulled their post about it. I'm assuming for legal reasons.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    Got a reply from Midway customer service today. Looks like they’re gtg:

Thank you for your email inquiry. I apologize for the frustration caused by this matter. As of this morning, we confirmed that we are completely in compliance with UPS requests and shipping regulations. So there should not be any problems with our shipping with UPS. Again, I am sorry for the frustration caused.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    I don't know if this has recently changed or not, but when you look at Brownell's shipping options, UPS is not mentioned at all. Take that for what it's worth.

Shipping Methods​

An estimated delivery date is provided during the checkout process. This is calculated based off the factors of your order (time order placed, shipping method, location of shipping address). Weekends and holidays are also taken in account when the estimated delivery date is provided.

Standard Delivery
    Standard is our economic shipping option. $7.00 on orders less than 1 pound, $8.00 on orders greater than 1 pound (free for Edge members). Expect 5-7 Business days for delivery. Standard service ships with USPS final delivery and must be shipped to a valid Postal Address. Delivery methods may include USPS, SmartPost or SurePost. This option is unavailable for FFL items, Limited Quantity (LQ), aerosol and hazardous products that have carrier restrictions.
    Ground Delivery
    We’ll ship anywhere in the lower 48 states for only $12.00 (up to 200 lbs). Expect 3-5 Business days for delivery. Delivery methods may include FedEx, or USPS. Ground Shipping to Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico and the US Territories is through USPS Priority. Orders shipping via USPS Priority and over 5lbs will require an additional $10 charge. There are a small number of products that don't qualify for our Ground Delivery Program.
    2 Business Days Delivery
    Have your entire order shipped 2 Business Days for $20.00 (up to 200 lbs), including orders to Hawaii and Alaska. This option is unavailable for LQ, aerosol, and hazardous products. Some products do not qualify for the flat-rate 2 Business Days Plan.
    2 Business Days orders must be placed by 1 pm CST Monday - Friday, to ensure prompt delivery.
    1 Business Day Delivery

Have your entire order shipped in1 Business Day for $30.00 (up to 200 lbs), including orders to Hawaii and Alaska. This option is unavailable for LQ, aerosol, and hazardous products. Some products do not qualify for the flat-rate 1 Business Day Plan.
    1 Business Day orders must be placed by 1 pm CST Monday - Friday, to ensure prompt delivery.
    Truck Shipments

Orders weighing more than 200lbs require truck shipment. Certain bluing kits and other heavy items are only deliverable by Truck, either because they're too heavy or because they are considered hazardous. Please call if you have any questions about your shipment.​

Scan Monkey

Dec 29, 2021
    Uhm...

So ONE dealer gets a letter because UPS doesn't want to aid in breaking any laws, and all of the sudden "UPS is going to destroy any order from any gun dealer"? Sometimes we're our own worst enemy
    Without a legitimate source, this doesn't rise above a rumor.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    One time last summer I was at one of their depots with a small box that contained some g/ smith tools.
    Action wrench chamber reamer and other things for gun work etc.
    Anyway, I sent my wife in with the sealed box with address on it ( realized post office was closed on a Saturday after 12)when she came out to ask me what was in the package.
    I went in with her to talk to the clerk to let them know and when I got to the counter they had the box open going through the contents.
    That was the last time I dealt with them.
    I let them know they opened mail as far as I was concerned package was addressed/ sealed and originally intended for usps etc.
    Their corporate office was concerned / questioning attitude etc but the ceased comms eventually.
    Live / learn and move on they’re no good as far as I’m concerned but then who is really anymore.

Growler215

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2020
    SOMD
    Without a legitimate source, this doesn't rise above a rumor.
    Not a rumor, but exaggerated in some respects.

The firearms shipping policy on their website now states that they will not ship "partially completed" (aka 80%) frames or receivers that are not serialized irregardless of whether or not it is legal in the state it is being shipped to. That appears to be the only thing that has changed.

The notice they had posted about cancelling accounts and seizing shipments appears to have been taken down, but I saw it a couple of days ago.

Budman16

Dec 20, 2019
    Every day. Every way.

They’re looking for subservient subjects.

Sing along…I wish I had an Oscar Mayer wiener.

Its Independence Day. Next year, they’re hoping for DEPENDENCE DAY

maybe time to program those 3d printers to make pew canister bodies…buy springs now
    Agreed, does anyone know where I can by springs, risers and base plates for Canik 9 MM 18 round magazines?

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Not a rumor, but exaggerated in some respects.

The firearms shipping policy on their website now states that they will not ship "partially completed" (aka 80%) frames or receivers that are not serialized irregardless of whether or not it is legal in the state it is being shipped to. That appears to be the only thing that has changed.

The notice they had posted about cancelling accounts and seizing shipments appears to have been taken down, but I saw it a couple of days ago.

Betcha their lawyers had something to do with that. Seize and destroy, my arse.

P-12 Norm

Why be normal?
    Sep 9, 2009
    Bowie, MD
    Now would be a good time to evaluate a start-up of a carrier much the way Gunbroker.com evolved from Ebay refusing to allow Firearms on it's service3.

10mmAuto

Feb 22, 2013
    Two thoughts:

1) Basic nature loves a vacuum/void -- something/someone will take advantage of the business UPS "dropped" and succeed. Besides, blocking or inhibiting legal, non-criminal shipping or correspondence is illegal in the USA.

2) For us non-business folks who need to ship firearms or parts via UPS -- UPS does NOT need to know what is in the box. I've always just labeled the contents as "Engineered machined parts"

Just my 2 cents

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom