• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MD Shooter Envy

Nov 18, 2018
    Towson
    The ATF has published a revised ATF 5320.23 form for NFA Firearm applications. Updates include ATF 4473 style background check questions, including: Ethnicity, Race, Social Security Number, Date of Birth, and UPIN information (if applicable). The changes according to Instructions Box 3C of the updated ATF 5320.23 form, most notably the Social Security Number and UPIN information state, "assists with the efficient completion of the NICS background check."

Last version was September 2019.
    Updated January 2023

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    I am trying to fill one of these out for my trust and the Section 6, Questions a & b have me confused. Am I supposed to answer Yes or No to these?

a. Do you intend to make any firearm listed on this form for sale for other disposition to any person described in questions 6.b through 6.l, or a person described in
    question 6.m who does not fall under an exception?

b. Do you intend to sell or otherwise dispose of any firearm listed on this form in furtherance of any felony or other offense punishable by imprisonment for a term of more than
    one year, a Federal crime of terrorism, or a drug trafficking offense?

I am guessing Question A is a NO because those questions describe prohibited persons.

Is question B a YES to indicate if I become prohibited in the future, that I will legally get rid of the SBR?

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    I put No to both.
    Hope that is correct.
    I sent an email to 199Trust to be sure. Still have a bunch of other things to get together like fingerprints and photos.

The photo of the weapon will have it in its original rifle configuration with the SBR upper separate and above the rifle. They aren't gonna get me on a pre-emptive illegal construction charge, no sir.

5string

Feb 21, 2014
    NC
    I sent an email to 199Trust to be sure. Still have a bunch of other things to get together like fingerprints and photos.

The photo of the weapon will have it in its original rifle configuration with the SBR upper separate and above the rifle. They aren't gonna get me on a pre-emptive illegal construction charge, no sir.
    The way I took it, all they wanted was a close up of factory stamping on the receiver.
    That's all they got anyway.

max111

MDS Supporter
    Oct 30, 2014
    somd
    Would like to bump this up for Im in the process.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    a. Do you intend to make any firearm listed on this form for sale for other disposition to any person described in questions 6.b through 6.l, or a person described in
    question 6.m who does not fall under an exception?

b. Do you intend to sell or otherwise dispose of any firearm listed on this form in furtherance of any felony or other offense punishable by imprisonment for a term of more than
    one year, a Federal crime of terrorism, or a drug trafficking offense?
    OF answering YES or NO on the 2 questions above. Is the answer NO for both correct? Appreciate any info thanks

edit:
    I have found this (Silencer Central) form 4473 "in simpler terms" helpful due to some similarities

Line 21.b. asks, “Do you intend to purchase or acquire any firearm listed on this form and any continuation sheet(s), or ammunition, for sale or other disposition to any person described in questions 21 (c)-(m), or to a person described in question 21.n.1 who does not fall within a nonimmigrant alien exception?”

In simpler terms, line 21.b. asks whether you intend to give or sell the silencer(s) you’re buying to someone that you know to be a prohibited person.

Line 21.c. asks, “Do you intend to sell or otherwise dispose of any firearm listed on this form and any continuation sheet(s) or ammunition in furtherance of any felony or other offense punishable by imprisonment for a term of more than one year, a Federal crime of terrorism, or a drug trafficking offense?”

Again, in simpler terms, line 21.c. asks if you plan to use your silencer(s) to commit a crime, engage in terrorism, or sell drugs.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom