• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • frozencesium

BBQ Czar
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 5, 2008
    Tampa, FL
    I'm planning on sending in some form 1's here soon (trust is already done), I was just curious to see if anyone had an update as to how long things are taking with the uber rush on weapons and so forth going on right now...

Thanks...

<Mach1

Past the Vanishing Point
    Mar 3, 2008
    From check cashed to pending is near twice what it was a year back, go figure?

Sounds like it's time to lessen the burden on our examiners... Maybe a good urban legend could be seeded. Who is in charge of the Rumor Control Dept. now:D

Southern Cross

Oct 2, 2007
    Chase, MD
    I've been waiting for what seems like forever. I sent my forms away at my dealer in early December...still waiting on my MP5 SBR. I'm not too worried yet. I am worried however...about an SBS I bought from Only the Best Firearms in FL.

I'm not up on how most of this stuff works...but I thought dealer to dealer transfers were quicker. I bought a Remington 870 MCS from OTBF on March 5th and it has not arrived at my dealer (transfer hasn't went through on their end). Is this normal? I haven't even had a chance to start my paperwork...starting to get nervous on that one. What do you guys think?

<Mach1

Past the Vanishing Point
    Mar 3, 2008
    Don't sweat it. Dealer to dealer transfers (F3) are quicker but due to the current situation everything is proportionally slower.
    It'll be fine. These days it just requires 2 to 3 times the patience none of us ever had to start with.

2SAM22

Moderator Emeritus
    Apr 4, 2007
    I sent for two stamps (via a NFA Trust) back in February and just got them today. My C&R renewal took a while to get to me too. I guess its the "O" factor.

Southern Cross

Oct 2, 2007
    Chase, MD
    I figured I'd do a quick vamp on this thread since my question is related and I already tapped it once. Picked up my MP5 Friday...felt like I just bought a new car. My first NFA item and man she's a beauty.

But to the point. I only found out it was available for pick up when my crackberry beeped to remind me it had been a while and I should give them a buzz. I noticed on my paperwork (and holy hell its actually a $200 stamp!) that it was signed off on and approved on April 15th. How long fom the date it was approved have you guys received your NFA items for pickup? I'd be highly POd to find out its been sitting there for months. They (my C3 dealer) kind of have a habit of never calling.

boatbiologist

Nov 6, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Your dealer is supposed to x-fer asap after getting your stamp since the regulated item is now your responsibility. If fire or theft, they would be in big doo. I would think ATF would like to know. But I have been wrong before.

That sucks. Who is your dealer? I don't want them doing my transfers.

Southern Cross

Oct 2, 2007
    Chase, MD
    It Continental Arms. I hate to list their name...they're nice guys...but they definitely made it a nightmare for me to get me gear. It took me about 30 or so calls, three visits just to get the the trust stuff for my paperwork in. A month later I get a call to come in and sign my paperwork. Its always you need to talk to blah blah...call blah blah...call back on Monday...call at 6...call at 10...you need to speak to blah blah...it was pretty laughable. There was a dopy kid in there when I picked up too....texting away...the kind you just want to slap but you know he's the owner's son or something. There a guy there that I'd never seen before that actually gave me my gun. He was awesome. Schooled on the NFA process and my gun. If I'd had that guy the whole time I'm sure I would have been good to go.

haoleboy

1/2 Banned
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 17, 2005
    Dentsville
    There a guy there that I'd never seen before that actually gave me my gun. He was awesome. Schooled on the NFA process and my gun. If I'd had that guy the whole time I'm sure I would have been good to go.
    Did he look like Shrek with a goatee minus the green color? :D:innocent0

Southern Cross

Oct 2, 2007
    Chase, MD
    I think you might be right! My memory is slipping though. The guys was really cool. Definitely the best guy I've ever dealt with there. He knew his stuff, hooked me up and was the first guy there that didn't say, "Uhhh...yoiu need to call X or come back around Y!" Maybe he was visiting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom