• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Redcobra

Senior Shooter
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 10, 2010
    Near the Chesapeake Bay
    Caesar Guerini Maxum Trap Unsingle 34" barrel.
    I'll take some better pics tomorrow in the daylight.

Got it from Jack Bart, who helped me set it up.
    Barely used and CG will fit a set of O/U barrels for me when I am ready.

Shot it. Loved it. Took it home.

Attachments

• CG1.jpg
      CG1.jpg
      88.3 KB · Views: 348
    • CG2.jpg
      CG2.jpg
      68 KB · Views: 333
    • CG3.jpg
      CG3.jpg
      79 KB · Views: 343

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    Kilroy, Guerini has been in the USA 10 years now. Started up by the Guerini brothers and Wes Lang the US distributer. US operations are right here in Cambridge. A year ago they acquired a stake in Fabarms creating the second largest shotgun manufacturer in Italy.
    They started out with mainly Sporting Clays and hunting guns, about 4 years or so ago they added Trap guns to the line. The trap guns have been very well received and at the local shoots there are always several on the line.
    They have priced themselves between the B guns and the Krieghoffs and Perazzi's. Quality is excellent and they have a lifetime warranty and a 3 time free pitstop program for the original owner which is basically a cleaning and inspection. The few times I have used them for service work the work and turn around has been top notch and fast.
    The first one I purchased was a used Maxum Sporting with 34" barrels, you would think with 34's it would be barrel heavy but it still balances right in front of the hinge pin.
    They have set up demo centers around the country including Barts and Schraders locally. Link to Guerini USA,
    http://www.gueriniusa.com/#sgwforums

Here is a pic of my Maxum Sporting,

DSCN0941.jpg

circleshooter

Ultimate Member
    Nov 8, 2009
    Baltimore County
    Damn she's fine. Can you give us a little history of that gun/brand?

Augie gives a pretty good description of the company. But, I'll add my two cents, too.

My father bought me a Caesar Guerini Summit Impact in early February as an "early inheritance gift." I posted a thread on it. Mine is a 20 gauge with 32" barrels. And while I've only run about 5-6 flats of shells through it, and shot my first two tournaments with it, I have to say that I think it's a spectacular gun. Fit and finish is beautiful, great trigger, and mechanically it's smooth as silk. The 20 gauge is built on a slightly smaller frame than the 12 gauge version and I thought it was a little whippy in the front end. I got Guerini's DTS Kinetic Balancer for the stock and their barrel weights for up front. Balance is perfect for me now. Recoil feels like a 28 gauge and barrel movement is smooth.

I've not gotten around to taking a pic of my actual gun, but here is the 12 gauge version of the Summit Impact. The wood on mine is very close to this pic

Summit_Impact.jpg

I think the bottom line is that RedCobra is going to enjoy his new trap gun. I love my Guerini and I have several shooting buddies that have them and they all love theirs as well. I really think that Caesar Guerini has gotten it right - a great balance of beautiful design (I'd expect nothing less from Italians), excellent quality and stellar customer support, and while they are not cheap, they are at price points that mortals can afford.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom