• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jul 1, 2012
    This is a nice, unmolested Chinese Type 54 Vietnam bring-back. It's dated 1966 (also indicated by the first two digits "13" of the serial number). The original finish is pretty much intact with some typical wear, and all parts are numbers-matching including the magazine (no second mag or holster unfortunately). The bore is about as sharp and clean as you could hope for; overall it's quite sweet. The icing on the cake is a complete set of the bring-back paperwork. My google-fu isn't strong enough to track down much info on the officer other than his permanent rank was 2nd LT (US Army Reserve?) but his "in-theater"/active duty rank was Captain (1st Air Cav), so I'm guessing he was a Cobra or Little Bird pilot.

The link here is for a couple years after he'd rotated back, if I've got the unit right. If not I'm sure someone will correct me.

y1DSC_0049 - Copy.JPG
    y2DSC_0051 - Copy.JPG
    y3DSC_0058 - Copy.JPG
    y4DSC_0060 - Copy.JPG
    y5DSC_0038 - Copy.JPG
    y6DSC_0024 - Copy.JPG
    y7DSC_0064 - Copy.JPG
    y8DSC_0020 - Copy.JPG
    y9DSC_0021 - Copy.JPG

1940 Russian TT-33, Chinese M20 (mid-60's?), 1966 Chinese Type 54 each with a matched magazine:
    y10DSC_0108 - Copy.JPG

Last edited:

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Nice! Grab Chinese Toks while they're still affordable 'cause I'm certain they won't stay this "cheap" for long. I think they're a great bargain when compared to their Soviet cousins which bring substantial coin these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom