• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Goose Guy

Skooma lord
    Mar 29, 2010
    People's Respublik of Maryland
    Tuckahoe Tractor Pull 7/16/10 ☺Now with video☺

Anyone else going to the Tuckahoe tractor pull tomorrow (Friday) night at 7:00? I was there last year and it was AWESOME! Lasted well past midnight. If you have never been, a couple things to keep in mind: bring serious ear protection. They sold ear plugs there last year, but just in case. Also, if you aren't there really early, it wouldn't hurt to bring a lawn chair. Remember a camera, preferably one with video. Food is available there. Cost is $10

A word of warning, if you sit in the front row, you will go home smelling like fuel. You will also be able to feel the sound of the engines in your chest. Oh yeah, did I mention to bring some earmuffs? If you care at all about air quality, pollution or emissions, avoid this area like the plague.

Link: http://www.tuckahoesteam.org/TruckPull.html

Last edited:

livefast1

May 31, 2010
    easton,md
    Generally a pretty decent brawl there the last couple of years towards the ending hours i hear. Haven't been in a few years but its generally a good time.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    Never been to a pull BUT the mechanics on the old steam engines is absolutely beautiful! How they did what they did 100+ tears ago with some really large giants IS impressive! :thumbsup:

Can't go, going to an auction. ;)

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Not there, but have been to other "modern" Tractor pulls .My neighbors run in some of the lower classes, but their pulls usually are on my work days .
    It's kinda interesting, but in recent years my tastes run more to the Antique Tractor pulls ( ie 1959 & older) , or particularly Steam Tractors.
    Had gotten vacation time specifically for the Sheandoah. Steam & Gas Assn event in Berryville , Va the following weekend, but looks like I'll be too broke to go.

Goose Guy

Skooma lord
    Mar 29, 2010
    People's Respublik of Maryland

Attachments

• 100_1432.jpg
      100_1432.jpg
      80 KB · Views: 89
    • 100_1465.jpg
      100_1465.jpg
      77.4 KB · Views: 97
    • 100_1469.jpg