• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    I have had a "MYMGA" account a while,, but yet to figure it out.

So reading the PDF provided by the state, it says sign up for written or oral testimony is the day before:
    How does one go about sending in testimony for a bill, I have been all over the UN-intuitive website and can not figure it out.

testify.JPG

Attachments

• testify.JPG
      testify.JPG
      58 KB · Views: 28

Slackdaddy

Jan 1, 2019
    Specifically,
    I am trying to sign up for HB0259,,
    I found the testimony sign up button,, but HB0259 is not on the list?

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    You cannot sign up for oral testimony or submit writte testimony until one business day in advance, from 8-3. It's in the instructions above.

So wait an hour.

Time limits for every bill being heard in the House Judiciary Committee during the 2023 Session: each bill sponsor will have three (3) minutes to deliver oral testimony and every subsequent witness (including those on the sponsor panel) will have two (2) minutes to deliver oral testimony. At the discretion of the Chair, the time limit may be reduced if there are a large number of witnesses. The Chair will announce any time limit reductions at the start of the bill hearing.

TESTIMONY STANDARDS: • All submitted written testimony must have a: o Visible bill number located at the top of the first page of your testimony o Clear indication of support (FAV), opposed (UNF), or support with amendments (FWA) o Name and address of the person and/or entity testifying and submitting the testimony

Slackdaddy

Jan 1, 2019
    You cannot sign up for oral testimony or submit writte testimony until one business day in advance, from 8-3. It's in the instructions above.

So wait an hour.

Time limits for every bill being heard in the House Judiciary Committee during the 2023 Session: each bill sponsor will have three (3) minutes to deliver oral testimony and every subsequent witness (including those on the sponsor panel) will have two (2) minutes to deliver oral testimony. At the discretion of the Chair, the time limit may be reduced if there are a large number of witnesses. The Chair will announce any time limit reductions at the start of the bill hearing.

TESTIMONY STANDARDS: • All submitted written testimony must have a: o Visible bill number located at the top of the first page of your testimony o Clear indication of support (FAV), opposed (UNF), or support with amendments (FWA) o Name and address of the person and/or entity testifying and submitting the testimony
    Thanks,
    I think I figured out the convoluted, non-intuitive web-sight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom