• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I'm in the same situation in PG County. I've been away from the sport for decades (work related), and now that I've retired I'd like to get back again. I'd also like to hook up with some black powder folks.

I've been looking at Three Rivers and Twelfth Precinct, but again they require sponsorship by a member. So...

Yeah, Berwyn is right in Bowie and you can join any time even if they are over their membership limit.

Last edited:

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    and another.... :thumbsup:
    Thanks for this info about Baltimore Rilfe Club. This sounds exactly like what I am looking for. I like AGC as well. I did my W&C permit renewal class there and was wondering how to become a memeber or get a range badge. Thanks again.

I have always been interested in Stoney Creek because it is a very nice range and is 3 miles from my house, but just seems like too many requirements and too many fees involved. Sponsor, range work time, initiation fee, annual dues, range rebuilding/improvement fee, legal fee, gate card fee all due with application.

rem87062597

Annapolis, MD
    Jul 13, 2012
    I have always been interested in Stoney Creek because it is a very nice range and is 3 miles from my house, but just seems like too many requirements and too many fees involved. Sponsor, range work time, initiation fee, annual dues, range rebuilding/improvement fee, legal fee, gate card fee all due with application.

It's a mess with all of the hoops for membership. They have video cameras watching every lane. One shot per 5 seconds. And a large part of the leadership is hellbent on exerting their power and sucking all of the enjoyment out of the sport and the community. There's good people but they're in the minority. Not to mention the fees (which seems to actually be put to good use, there's a constant stream of range upgrades and the place is actually really nice). And the mandatory work time is pretty much unprecedented and really annoying, but when there's enough people willing to join under these conditions I guess they can really make us jump through whatever hoops they want. I really want it to be good, there's nothing else in the area.

Oct 25, 2016
    I am a midhsipman at the Naval Academy and would like to be able to shoot at a gun range. I am from the south and shoot all the time at my farm. I miss it everyday and hope to be able to shoot here in Maryland. Please help.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    I am a midhsipman at the Naval Academy and would like to be able to shoot at a gun range. I am from the south and shoot all the time at my farm. I miss it everyday and hope to be able to shoot here in Maryland. Please help.

Anne Arundel Fish and Game would be the closest to you. Contact Bill Palk for details (wpalk@verizon.net). The next closest would be 12th Precinct and then Stony Creek.

There are 33 clubs that meet at the Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore in Marriottsville (about 45 minutes away). Monumental Rifle and Pistol Club would allow you to join them at no cost so all you would need is $170.00 for the AGC Range Badge. MD State Rifle and Pistol Club would allow you to join for $15.00 club dues. I cannot speak for the other AGC clubs.

Let me know if you are interested in either Monumental or MSRPA.

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    I'm in the same situation in PG County. I've been away from the sport for decades (work related), and now that I've retired I'd like to get back again. I'd also like to hook up with some black powder folks.

I've been looking at Three Rivers and Twelfth Precinct, but again they require sponsorship by a member. So...

Recommend you get in contact with Tim F. at Marriottsville Muzzle Loaders and he can get you on the right track for some good muzzle loading activity in that club. See Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore site for ways to contact him. They are one of 32 AGC clubs. Sponsorship will not be a problem at any club as a Club officer will normally sponsor you to get you started...they are all applicant friendly.

Lew--Ranger63

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Recommend you get in contact with Tim F. at Marriottsville Muzzle Loaders and he can get you on the right track for some good muzzle loading activity in that club. See Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore site for ways to contact him. They are one of 32 AGC clubs. Sponsorship will not be a problem at any club as a Club officer will normally sponsor you to get you started...they are all applicant friendly.

Lew--Ranger63

Too late - I joined Berwyn two years ago, and lovin' it there. Clean ranges, convenient hours, and empty or no wait during the week. Well worth the dues, IMO.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013

The problem you will run into is where you can store your firearms.

You might be better served just going to a range where you can rent firearms.

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I think the membership to the MD State Rifle and Pistol association is the easiest. You can do it online.....

hillbilly grandpa

Jan 26, 2013
    Arnold
    I'm a member of AAFG. I'm currently sponsoring a neighbor who is reentering the shooting sport after an absence of maybe 30 years. I'd be open to exploring the possibity of sponsoring you. PM me if you're interested in pursuing a conversation.

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    Meade Rod and Gun Club. $30 first year, $25 each renewal. We use the ranges at Ft Meade for free on designated club days. Must be NRA member.

Straightbolt

unindicted co-conspirator
    Apr 4, 2015
    The 'Burbs
    Too late - I joined Berwyn two years ago, and lovin' it there. Clean ranges, convenient hours, and empty or no wait during the week. Well worth the dues, IMO.

+1
    Also one of the very few ranges in the area that allow Class III Full Auto weapons :gun2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom