• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • berkman007

Oct 5, 2012
    Looks like Century has now black-balled Maryland as well. Ordered a CZ-82 only to get this response...

"We have your C&R and yes it is a C&R firearm but your state says we have to ship C&R handguns to a FFL Dealer. We will have your order cancelled."

Anyone else have this issue?

Cross them off the list.

berkman007

Oct 5, 2012
    It was in their U-Fix-Em section. The rep that shut down my order was Keith H. Let me know if you have any luck. Seems they may be a little confused.

Here is his last note to me in response to me stating others have not had issues...

"I just pulled out one of our older catalogs. Not to old but from July 2011 and in the back its worded the same as it is now. This is a policy we had in place for a long time. The computer will not let the orders go in under the C&R account. So those orders were not from us or were shipped to a dealer first. There are a few other companies we sell to that have the same rules posted on their site too."

berkman007

Oct 5, 2012
    Well screw them. They obviously don't want to deal with collectors. I informed the guy of the many other dealers that ship directly to my door here in the fine state of MD. Will have to stick with my other sources but the inventory of C&R pistols seems to have dried up and I have the itch to get another.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    As with any business, you may have just gotten someone who either doesn't know, or doesn't understand, the laws. I wouldn't assume that's the company's new policy, just because one person told you that. With all the various laws throughout the US now, it's easy enough to see how one employee might make a mistake.

As for them having CZ-82s ... not yet, but they've been waiting for a shipment to come in for about 6 weeks now. Not sure what's got it stalled out.

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    I went through a similar problem with centerfire systems, I just stopped dealing with them.

Grey_Man

Feb 25, 2010
    Fruitland
    I think it might be because it is one of the U Fix Ems. I've seen the same thing on other websites with their "gunsmith specials." Does the weapon being incomplete nullify the C&R status?

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    I think it might be because it is one of the U Fix Ems. I've seen the same thing on other websites with their "gunsmith specials." Does the weapon being incomplete nullify the C&R status?

no, as the receiver is considered the firearm. I have seen barreled actions sold as CR before. I have bought gunsmith specials from Sarco with C+R.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom