TriStar YOUTH model - Any actual owners?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    Just curious if anyone has any actual experience with any of the TriStar YOUTH model semi-autos?

They make them in both 12 & 20 ga and apparently a slew of different configurations (wood vs synthetic stocks, etc)

Perhaps either a member of your family had one purchased for them or otherwise had occasion to observe function, etc?

Asking for a bud …. with a smaller buddy all his own!

jpprock

Feb 24, 2012
    Easton
    I have a tristar semi auto 20 gauge with a youth stock. I've had it probably 7 years now. I like to shoot it and the stock is to short for me. All the women and children who have shot it really like it. If it's had any malfunctions I really don't remember.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    I have a tristar semi auto 20 gauge with a youth stock. I've had it probably 7 years now. I like to shoot it and the stock is to short for me. All the women and children who have shot it really like it. If it's had any malfunctions I really don't remember.

Thanks, much!

I also let my buddy know: After posting here I was at TriStars (or Buds Guns?) website and noticed they sell a couple of their semi-autos with BOTH a youth AND an adult stock - ingenious marketing!

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    I had bought one in 20g for my kids several years back. They shot clays with it when we went to Oxford or M&M together and it never had an issue. It even had the "cool" red receiver the kids liked, but eventually they both outgrew it. Sold it to a MDS member a while back for his wife if memory serves. Now my oldest shoots a Beretta A400 when he goes with me.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    I had bought one in 20g for my kids several years back. They shot clays with it when we went to Oxford or M&M together and it never had an issue. It even had the "cool" red receiver the kids liked, but eventually they both outgrew it. Sold it to a MDS member a while back for his wife if memory serves. Now my oldest shoots a Beretta A400 when he goes with me.

Thank YOU! The bud I’m asking for is right down there in STM county …!

Update: he was leery of going with a $500 -ish semi auto but, he has one on order!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom