transporting multiple pistols to the range?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    Anyone have any suggestions for easiest way to transport multiple pistols to the range? I have a 4 pistol case that I can stuff 6 in if I have to, but it gets awful crowded, and occasionally I am taking more than 6. I am thinking maybe pistol rugs and put them in a large range bag, but I dunno if there might be a better way. Sometimes when I hit the range with friends I take a variety of guns for them to shoot if they want to try something different. I also thought about one of those double rifle hard cases, which might be another option, but space to open it up may be an issue once I get there.

I am trying to consolidate them into one container that leaves my other hand free to carry an ammo box.

thanks for any ideas/suggestions.

If I'm taking more than 4 (which is the biggest single case I have) I'll put them in soft-cases and then throw them in my bigger range bag.I like to carry as little as possible (minimal luggage).It makes it easy to carry but it does get heavy.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    The gun rugs and range bag works. I have often thought about the rifle case idea but have not tried it. Look at small luggage. You can always buy and cut your own foam.

steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    thanks for the suggestions. I would not have thought about rolling luggage but it might be a good option.

I saw a movie a few years ago with Antonio Banderas and he had a guitar case full of guns, but I would probably get some strange looks if I went with that method.

Deep Creek Rock

.._. .._ _._. _._ .._
    Regular hard shell rifle cases work. My Encore wont fit in a hard pistol case- because the barrel is too long - so I carry it in a rifle case.

Ive carried multiple pistols in a hardshell rifle case - the kind with egg crate foam on the inside. It works fine.

JMintzer

Hoarding Douche Waffle
    Mar 17, 2009
    SW MoCo/Free FL (when I can)
    This is a little pricey, but cool...

http://www.casecruzer.com/gun-cases/handgun-6pack.html

universal-gun-case-6pack-IMG_1933.jpg

Jamie

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    I throw them into a gun bag and secure to the rear seat of my motorcycle and head to the range.

Generally with a long-gun in a hard case tied to my luggage rack.

steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    I think I am going with the Midway range bag and gun rugs. I had searched Midway/Cabelas/etc but for some reason didn't find the one pasted above, it looks like it'll work well for what I need.

Thanks to all for the ideas and help.

SuperMag

Citizen--not "Subject"
    Nov 30, 2011
    Maryland
    Most range bags are useless for me (I've tried several over the years). They try to be everything to everyone, and that makes them fall short--with multiple pockets, crappy straps, questionable/cheap materials and construction. They're made like gym bags. Fill a typical one with three or four pistols and a few boxes of ammo, and the stitching starts to come apart. Best solution? A tool bag! Craftsman (and others) are made to carry 40 lbs of tools, so a few pea shooters and some ammo, and the bag won't even blink. Most tool bags have hard bottoms too--which is awesome. Amazon sells a tool bag series called "Dead On," and these are fantastic. The Dead On "killer combo", here

http://www.amazon.com/DO-88838-Kill...P05Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1335997748&sr=8-1

is great, because you get a large bag and a small bag--you can choose the size you need, depending on how heavy you're traveling. On days you're taking the family to the range, guns and safety gear in the big bag, and ammo in the small bag.

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    I out grew the 4 pistol case too. Now I just put pistols in a hard rifle case. It is ultra convenient to have every pistol /mag available in one case and have plenty of space left over rather than trying to shuttle multiple cases from the car.

The added benefit it you look like and assassin to noobs. You carry one case filled with 4 feet of pistols, like a mobile gun shop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom