• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    Justified Defensive Concepts is hosting Tom Givens in 2024 at Echo Valley in WV for his three day pistol instructor course. This is an excellent course and is not a "pay your $ and you become an instructor" course. You have to pass two different shooting quals and a written test (with a 90% on all three tests).

Rangemaster Firearms Instructor Development Course

Date: Fri, Oct 25 2024 ‐ Sun, Oct 27 2024 • 9:00 AM EDT

I took this course (had the highest aggregate score in my class, earning the Top Gun award) in 2018. It's changed a bit since then, but is still mostly the same. Here is my review:

You need not be an instructor (or even an aspiring instructor) to take the course. These days I would regard this course as the flagship Rangemaster course. If interested, sign up sooner rather than later.

I am not affiliated with JDC or Rangemaster (except as a full-price paying, satisfied customer of the latter).

Last edited:

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    Ugh, it's the weekend. Of course. :(

I'll do Rangemaster one of these days...
    Yes, well, economics and all.

I don't suppose you can get some sort of special dispensation, especially considering recent world events (?).

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    I wish, lol. It'll happen eventually.
    Hope so.

I'm debating doing the "Advanced Instructor Course" at some point. Or even "Shotgun Instructor". I was registered for "Advanced" in 2019 but had a family emergency (dad had an MI) and then never tried to get in again.

People who have the option to train with Tom but don't avail themselves of those opportunities are really missing out. He's a true SME and an awesome Instructor, quite possibly the best I've trained under.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom