• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Yes, should be the same max age as voting.
    Of course there are those that think we should lower the voting age and have a max age.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    The right was endowed by the creator so only the creator should be able to restrict it.

To the OP at what age do you think people become incapable of purchasing a firearm and why?

Since most gun crimes are committed by persons between the ages of 25 and 50 it makes more sense to ban that age group from buying guns but let those younger or older buy as many as they want. :sarcasm:

5string

Feb 21, 2014
    NC
    The right was endowed by the creator so only the creator should be able to restrict it.

To the OP at what age do you think people become incapable of purchasing a firearm and why?

Since most gun crimes are committed by persons between the ages of 25 and 50 it makes more sense to ban that age group from buying guns but let those younger or older buy as many as they want. :sarcasm:
    I just posted a link to the article. Perhaps that was a bad choice for a title but did you notice the question mark at the end?

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Just like all facts that don’t matter, more people are killed by drivers that have become incompetent everyday than elderly firearms purchasers

wpage

Ultimate Member
    Oct 17, 2022
    Southern Delaware
    With age comes wisdom. Except in certain politicians cases. Therefor, the question becomes moot. One is never too old to buy a gun. Since considering ones physical powers in most cases have diminished. The need to protect family and self require more weaponry to assist in defeating problems, created by leftist agendas.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    In seriousness, I don't think there should be a maximum age. I DO think there needs to be a point where a person may not be of sufficient sound mind to own or have access to a gun. Looking back, I wouldn't want my grandmothers in assisted living for dementia having access to a firearm as an example. But that isn't strictly an age thing. It is a question of is a person of sound mind? I don't want a 23 year crazy person having access to a gun either if they are in and out of mental health facilities.

If a person is basically at a mental place they need to be someone's ward (of the state, of their spouse, of their family, whatever), then I don't think they should have access to firearms. Or driving for that matter. Or their own finances. Etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom