• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • euler357

Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Odenton, Marylandistan
    Notice - .22lr is now freely available at a "reasonable" price. It's not at pre-COVID prices but it may never get there again. It can be had for .07-.08 cpr at multiple places online which is $70-80 per thousand. If you can afford it, buying a 10 year supply is within reach. As Dwight (Blue Griffin) says in his classes, a 10 year supply is needed to outlast any anti-gun administration. Please, feel free to post any "deals" here.

Last edited:

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Notice - .22lr is now freely available at a "reasonable" price. It's not at pre-COVID prices but it may never get there again. It can be had for .07-.08 cpr at multiple places online which is $70-80 per thousand. If you can afford it, buying a 10 year supply is within reach. As Dwight (Blue Griffin) says in his classes, a 10 year supply is needed to outlast any anti-gun administration. Please, feel free to post any "deals" here.
    I agree completely with you on the 22lr availability situation. Every time I go to Walmart, it's overflowing with Fed Automatch. I'm not a huge fan of it, but it works alright in most of my guns.

A real deal is that Target Sports is selling cases of Mini Mags for $379. That's not an amazing price historically, but it's not really that far off what Mini Mags were going for pre-pandemic. If you're doing action shooting competition stuff with 22lr, that's huge. I tend to use Automatch for practice, but switch to Mini-Mags for matches.

The whole ten year supply rule of thumb is nice, but it's not realistic for competitive shooters and people who train hard. If you're shooting once in a while to maintain proficiency, sure, lay in a few cases. I personally have a substantial stash I keep for emergencies, and then just try to maintain primers, shotgun shells, and 22lr for a year or two of shooting. I got a little burned for my revolvers by not stocking more Fed primers, but I never really ran out in terms of being able to shoot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom