• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scribe556

Apr 3, 2009
    My girlfriend and I attended Kevin Duke's HQL course today and we have nothing but great things to say. Teaching style was excellent in that it was
    professional and very well presented and he relates all the info very well. Great classroom with lots of training tools on just about every topic of firearms
    training. We drove an hour from Bel Air to his Jessup classroom and it was well worth the drive there to learn.

We will both take more training at Dukes Defense. Highly recommended as his wife also teaches NRA pistol, rifle, and shotgun.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    My wife and received training from Kevin for Utah permits. I have to agree that Kevin does a great job. His training props are good as well as his video presentation.
    We took the course back in December, the busyness of the season now allows me to share our experience.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Dukes Defense is GREAT. Utah class for me and the Mrs. was conducted by Kevin and we will utilize his services again.
    :thumbsup:

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    HOWEVER, during the class last year someone in the class told me that quote 'most 1911s are double actions'

I was like, there's no way that's right- I've never even HELD a double action 1911.

The guy was like "I was in the military for X many years, and all my 1911s were double action"

Have I somehow been wrong this entire time, and there's a secret knob on 1911s that makes them double action that I'm not aware of?

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    HOWEVER, during the class last year someone in the class told me that quote 'most 1911s are double actions'

I was like, there's no way that's right- I've never even HELD a double action 1911.

The guy was like "I was in the military for X many years, and all my 1911s were double action"

Have I somehow been wrong this entire time, and there's a secret knob on 1911s that makes them double action that I'm not aware of?

Shhhhh it is a secret :D

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Mendozaco

Dec 5, 2013
    Rockville, MD
    Kevin is an excellent instructor. He took the time to explain the paperwork and made it easier to understand the class. I drove from Rockville for the class and I will attend his classes in the future.
    The next class I will take is the reloading class with the Dillon 650. Hope we get enough interest in this forum for Kevin to schedule a class before the spring.

Thumps ups..

Yeti Poacher

Dec 11, 2012
    Hunt Valley
    Just attended his class last night. I was the only one there and was very satisfied with his presentation. He helped me fill out all the paperwork for UT, VA and FL CHL permits. He also walked me through the HQL process and notarized the MD designated firearms collector form. Great presentation and information.

BIG thumbs up!

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    I want to get a UTAH CFP and was hoping to go to the Feb 16th class. I tried calling the number and it sounded like a fax machine. Anyone else have this problem? I see that reservations are recommended, do these classes fill up?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom