• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trumpet

SCSC/NRA life member. MSI member
    Oct 29, 2005
    Ok,
    So as my 22/45 is "evolving", I'm thinking about the threading job. I'm either going to send it to ADCO or JPgrips. I don't have a can yet, but eventually would like to (not sure if I'll go for Sparrow II, Spectre II, or Liberty). Anyway, I've seen online some people thread specifically for the Sparrow. Is this a necessary thing? Will it have an effect on how well it works? Or, will I be fine as long as I go with the "standard" 1/2x28 .400" threads?

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Youll just need the SilencerCo 1/2-28 Spacer for the Sparrow if the threads arent cut specifically for it. No big deal.

Spectre II is the quietest of the 2 IMO, and has the least FRP.

Trumpet

Oct 29, 2005
    Is the Spectre II still bombproof and easy to disassemble? I remember seeing some reviewer (I can't remember where) actually used his Spectre to drive nails :crazy:

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Is the Spectre II still bombproof and easy to disassemble? I remember seeing some reviewer (I can't remember where) actually used his Spectre to drive nails :crazy:

The Spectre required a pusher tool to get apart, the Spectre II has an improved stack that prevents baffle siezing and dosent rquire a pusher.

I have the Spectre and Ill be upgrading it to the II. I still have the pusher tool because its invaluable for disasembling other .22 monocore suppressors.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    I have the Spectre and Ill be upgrading it to the II.

No need to wait. Just give Silencerco/SWR a call and they'll have you send it in for the upgrade. They're charging $200 for the upgrade if I remember correctly.

Trumpet

Oct 29, 2005
    No need to wait. Just give Silencerco/SWR a call and they'll have you send it in for the upgrade. They're charging $200 for the upgrade if I remember correctly.

Yeah, I've noticed the VERY similar youtube videos. Are/have they merged or soemthing?

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    Youll just need the SilencerCo 1/2-28 Spacer for the Sparrow if the threads arent cut specifically for it. No big deal.

You don't need the spacer or Sparrow adapter if its threaded 1/2x28. The Sparrow will work on any 1/2x28 threads as long as they are between .400 and .475 without the need for a spacer of adapter. If the threads are longer you'll need a spacer.

The adapters are nice though as they engage the O-ring inside the Sparrow's threads. This reduces the chance of the suppressor backing off.

I've had my SS Sparrow for some time now and its a great suppressor. If I were choosing right now I'd be comfortable with either another Sparrow or the Spectre II.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    Yeah, I've noticed the VERY similar youtube videos. Are/have they merged or soemthing?

Silencerco purchased SWR a short time ago. They still have, and will continue to have, separate product lines but are based at the same location in Utah now. SWR is still run by Henry who ran it prior to the purchase by Silencerco.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bapple

Latest threads

Top Bottom