This little old beauty strolled through the shop...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    I, too, love the early autoloaders....I have a Dreyse light carbine (basically a Dreyse 1907 in rifle form) which I'll never get rid of. I only have so much room though haha.
    My motto is, when I run out of room, find more room! lol!

It's like the trick to keeping my wife off my back about my collecting which follows:
    When I first started collecting, I made sure to collect enough guns quickly enough that she would lose count of how many I owned. That worked fine until I bought a safe to store them all in. Then the trick was to buy enough safes that she'd lose track of how many of those I own. Thus far, I'm still happily married and she hasn't noticed the fact that my 3 safes have turned into 5 over the past few years.

Its pretty simple, press down on the lever, and if the barrel rises up, the spring is intact. This is a picture of an intact one.

Also, do the numbers match? The barrel, side, and breechblock are numbered (last three digits)

Spring3.png

The Saint

Black Powder Nerd/Resident Junk Collector
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 10, 2021
    Baltimore County
    Its pretty simple, press down on the lever, and if the barrel rises up, the spring is intact. This is a picture of an intact one.

Also, do the numbers match? The barrel, side, and breechblock are numbered (last three digits)

View attachment 391853

I'll be sure to check all of this today while at the shop...I didn't get much time to do other than log it the other night.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Nice! Steyr Pieper in .32 which is the harder, more valuable chambering (the other version is in .25ACP). These do have a following and are of beautiful craftsmanship with fire bluing sprinkled about. Good find!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom