• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IDFInfantry

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 21, 2013
    Nomad
    Obama couldn't ram his nonsense through congress so now he will do it by Executive Order! It is now more imperative than ever to get involved or at the very least make some donations to your favorite gun rights groups! Everyone who cherishes this right should be active and should not sit on the sidelines. As each day passes more and more of the 2nd amendment simply erodes away!

:mad54:

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/ap-exclusive-obama-offers-new-gun-control-steps

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Actually, this could (and probably will) get Much Worse. When he was first talking about regulating/restricting firearms through EOs, my first reaction was... what's there to worry about... what can he possibly do through that mechanism. Then as a mental exercise, I started playing devil's advocate and figuring out how much damage really could be done that way.... it's A LOT. I came up with one in particular that would be catastrophic for 2A... I WILL NOT say it out loud much less put it in writing, but trust me, if they are devious (and they are) they will come up with some ideas that will be truly bad.

:mad54: :mad54: :mad54: :mad54:

All he'd really have to do is de-fund the office in Treasury that collects the 11% excise tax from firearm manufacterers on sales to Citizens.

They wouldn't be able to pay the tax, since no one is in the office to administer the records or take thier check, and therefore wouldn't be able to make anything.

Done. Out of business.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom