• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    It’s pretty obvious IWLA doesn’t care about the 2A. To me, that’s the first point in the Fudd starter kit. Very disappointed in the IWLA over this. And yes I will be taking my money elsewhere. IWLA can KMA.
    When National takes a vacation from reality, I just try to make my opinion known;

Brickman301

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2015
    FREDERICK, MD
    Good luck with just using that argument when your range gets shut down due to too much lead in the ground or being forced to pay a LOT of money for a company to remove it. Many places would just go broke and shut down. We are fighting against this along with other groups in the area.
    Every range I’ve been associated with has made money when reclaiming lead, especially “shotgun ranges”. Another range in Virginia I shoot at encourages members to reclaim lead from the “hill”. This range gets inspected often, and has never had an issue with high lead levels. I understand IWL is a conservation group 1st, so I guess that makes the lead issue a priority.
    Let’s not talk about ranges, as they are “safe” for now, as the law only applies to hunting.
    I don’t want to see any lead ban!!
    But if the IWL is really concerned they should go after the fishermen. There are almost 30 million fishermen in the US, and just over 15 million hunters. Fisherman, leave behind more lead than hunters, and their lead is in the water, where it would do more damage. Do you know if the IWL is for banning lead for fishing as well?

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I attended the meeting on Monday and it is enough of a gun club for me. None of those dudes seemed like tree hugging soy boys to me.

****Yea! And some of us are operators! :gun1: I mean NOT like tatted up tactical Special Forces Vet bro operators with the beards, I mean literally operators! A couple of guys on the board are board certified surgeons... :rofl:

Uhhh... More like the second pic.... :shocked4:

tats.jpg

crazys.jpg

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    ***Not really.
    Thought I went back and read to where someone posted no tree huggers and soy boys we’re a gun club and elsewhere we’re primarily a conservation organization.
    I think it’s apparent that other chapters are spearheading lead ammo bans and others specialize in wetland preservation as well as inspecting ranges and or tilling a bunch of land and conservation practices.
    Mixed messaging and no clear leadership Is what makes organizations grow horizontally instead of vertically is what I’m after here.
    I think when you get so horizontal a group that thinks they speak on non members behalf would do well just to STF up and be proactive in problem solving not compounding an issue by having an organizational weakness in messaging if they want to get better and increase membership while garnering public support for a common purpose.
    Sounds like tons of resources and great persons sharing a common interest but a monkey show for exactly what the hell they want to express.

pre64hunter

Mar 19, 2010
    Harford County
    But you know about the lead ban proposals here in MD., yes?
    Yes, but our chapter is not behind it.
    It just seems that organizations that run off of donations and volunteers are criticized by cheap bastards looking for a reason not to belong or donate.
    Easier to say I'm not doing it, (because I've never done anything,) than to join, donate, make a change and make a difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom