The Times, They Are A Changin’ (Gun-wise)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    A lot of you guys have known me for almost fifteen years. To say that this forum has been a bad influence on me or my wallet is an understatement.

For the first time, I can say I have more pistols than revolvers. I have more handguns than shotguns. There was a time when folks thought I would never have a pistol. I was a wheel gun guy.

Well…..
    ee746bb265866a5d3fd6ef2a3a93a1e9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    Hey Shotgun Joe!

What is that second from he left with the short-reach trigger?

Why no classic C&Rs?

Second from the left is a Stoeger STR9. One of the many Glock copies now on the market. All the good points of Glock, at about half the price.

C&R would be bad for me. I’m impulsive enough without having guns sent right to the house.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    Wait….Shotgun Joe? How many COVID shots have you gotten?

Can’t remember. A couple, I think, but a few of them were from some Chinese girl in the back of a store. She said they were FDA approved, but I didn’t care since they were free.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Second from the left is a Stoeger STR9. One of the many Glock copies now on the market. All the good points of Glock, at about half the price.

The trigger reach looks so short, it looks like a single action. I have short fingers, so I'm very aware of trigger reach.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC

The trigger reach looks so short, it looks like a single action. I have short fingers, so I'm very aware of trigger reach.

I had to go back and look at the pic. The trigger reach is not actually that short. This is showing the trigger having been pulled. That said, for a 300 dollar pistol, the Stoeger had been nothing but spectacular.

Chaim

Aug 10, 2008
    Columbia
    As an old (well, 52yo) revolver lover, all I have to say to your 5 semiauto pistols is... well, it's a start :D

IronEye

MDS Supporter
    Feb 10, 2018
    Howard County
    that 239 is tasty
    The SIG 239 very quickly became a favorite of mine too. Solid shooter, very reliable and enough weight to be easy to shoot. Since they were discontinued magazines are becoming harder to find so grab a couple extra before new factory mags become unobtainable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rifleman

Latest threads

Top Bottom