• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    It may not be popular but if ADCO had any gut feelings it was hinky they should have sent them on their way. Woman's father is going after the biggest fish at this fry, because the only 2 people that knew for sure the victim should not have a gun is the victim and the old guy. Suing the old guy would be squeezing water from a rock.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    It may not be popular but if ADCO had any gut feelings it was hinky they should have sent them on their way. Woman's father is going after the biggest fish at this fry, because the only 2 people that knew for sure the victim should not have a gun is the victim and the old guy. Suing the old guy would be squeezing water from a rock.
    Proving they should have taken notice is going to be tough.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Proving they should have taken notice is going to be tough.
    They will need a good lawyer, they said in their statement, "they had an interesting dynamic." Now that is neither damning or exonerating but they noticed something.

jcutonilli

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2013
    While the PLCAA is supposed to shield firearm manufacturers and sellers from frivolous lawsuits, there's no penalty for plaintiffs who file them.

The latest to get hit is ADCO. The attorney is a Brady shill.

Complaint

Police Report
    The PLCAA is not designed to prevent all lawsuits. This one is over who knew there was a straw purchase. They are suing the FFL and straw purchaser, but not the gun manufacturer. I believe the family is going to have a hard time proving the FFL knew it was a straw purchase.

The more disconcerting thing about the PLCAA is not this type of lawsuit, but what some of the states are doing to make it easy to sue firearms manufacturers.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Does PLCCA allow the defendant to seek attorney fees if they prevail? It’s been an issue in the past with frivolous lawsuits where the defendant won, but there was basically no juice to squeeze from the plaintiff because it was a bunch of pro bonehead lawyers who were really suing and racked up hundreds of thousands in legal fees for the defendant.

It is structured similar to many anti-SLAPP laws in states IIRC.

Better teeth would be good. There are times lawsuits are very much justified. Of course in MANY cases they are not. And of course some states are going out of their way to try to make vexatious lawsuits easy.

Steve@ADCO

Mar 1, 2023
    NW Ohio
    A member here sent me this link, so if anyone is interested in an update...
    We submitted a motion for summary judgment based on the PLCAA last month. You can read it here.
    This has been an expensive mess of a lawsuit based on a fictional complaint written buy an attorney who wasn't there who never spoke to anyone who was there.
    If you are interested in the details my deposition and the straw buyers were posted public last week. There is ZERO evidence I did anything wrong that day. I had no way of knowing it was a straw purchase.

Zohn Deposition
    Thompson Deposition

This is lawfare at it's worst, and it's not going to stop with ADCO.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    A member here sent me this link, so if anyone is interested in an update...
    We submitted a motion for summary judgment based on the PLCAA last month. You can read it here.
    This has been an expensive mess of a lawsuit based on a fictional complaint written buy an attorney who wasn't there who never spoke to anyone who was there.
    If you are interested in the details my deposition and the straw buyers were posted public last week. There is ZERO evidence I did anything wrong that day. I had no way of knowing it was a straw purchase.

Zohn Deposition
    Thompson Deposition

This is lawfare at it's worst, and it's not going to stop with ADCO.
    Welcome. This type of shyster use of the courts needs to be penalized. I wish you the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom