• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grampa G

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2010
    Washington Co.
    Thought I'd post this for those interested in ham radios.

Antietam Radio Asso. is sponsoring the event tomorrow 5/6 at the Washington County Ag Center from 7 AM to Noon. According to a radio spot they also will have a swap meet and sale.

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    Mostly small local ones. I miss the days of the Greater Baltimore Hamboree at the fairgrounds in TImmonium. It used to be a 2 day event with stuff in all the buildings and the parking lot used as a flea market. Used to have to park on the horse racing track infield. Always good stuff there. Just faded out over time.

Scottpsu

Feb 23, 2013
    Still going strong. Not quite the mass attraction that HAMFEST brings but many HAM events in the area. If you’re interested, there are quite a few active clubs that still “compete” and welcome new members. Great way to keep the mind sharp and prepared if cell service goes down.

Scottpsu

Feb 23, 2013
    Thought I'd post this for those interested in ham radios.

Antietam Radio Asso. is sponsoring the event tomorrow 5/6 at the Washington County Ag Center from 7 AM to Noon. According to a radio spot they also will have a swap meet and sale.

Will there be a chance for QSO or for others to try out radio operations? Best of luck for a successful show for those able to make it.

Chat-Bot

Disinformation Governor
    Oct 17, 2020
    под скалой
    I did not realize they still had Hamfests anymore.
    They're less desirable than MD gun shows.

Overpriced and nothing cheaper than what you can get on-line. If you want to play with new stuff, there's HRO in VA or DE. Maybe if you're looking for relics or want to walk around with your callsign on your person.
    Don't think I've been to one this century.

Grampa G

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2010
    Washington Co.
    Will there be a chance for QSO or for others to try out radio operations? Best of luck for a successful show for those able to make it.
    I really don't know much about it, but they did mention newcomers are welcome and I think they also will have a course for beginners
    I don't have a license and am not involved

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom